• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Corel X3 / paint X3

carolinafalls

I have one question You should be able to click on the edit bitmap button to open an jpeg image in photo paint for some reason my edit bitmap button is greyed out and I cannot switch between programs do you have any ideas. Thanks Allen

Air Art Girl

do you have the bitmap selected prior to trying to edit bitmap?
The other option is to have the jpg on the desktop then right click, open with, choose photo paint

carolinafalls

I just selected it and still greyed out.

And converted it to a bitmap and still greyed out.

I can open jpegs and bitmaps in each program but for some reason I can't move to paint from corel or corel to paint.

Check you file associations.

Open "My Computer"

Go to "tools"

Go to "file types"

scroll down until you see "BMP" and select. It should indicate say: opens with: "Corel PHOTO-PAINT" . If not, just click on change and select open with Corel PHOTO-PAINT.

Replicator

I had my edit bitmap grey'd out and then realized that i didn't install photopaint at all during the initial install . . .

Is that a possibility with you ?

carolinafalls

Tryied still did not work I can open the files from the desktop and they will open paint, but still have the greyed out edit bitmap. Is there a config file with in corel that might controll this?

Thanks for eveyons help on this.

Check you file associations.

Open "My Computer"

Go to "tools"

Go to "file types"

scroll down until you see "BMP" and select. It should indicate say: opens with: "Corel PHOTO-PAINT" . If not, just click on change and select open with Corel PHOTO-PAINT.