• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Corel X3....unwanted Duplicates!

I was trying to move an object off to the side and all of a sudden I had a bunch of duplicates like a big trail of the same objects! I can't seem to figure out what happened. I don't think I changed any settings. Can anyone help me out?
Thanks,
Kenna

Flame

Tell ya what, when you take Brush Script out of your logo, I'll tell you how to fix your problem.

Joe Diaz

:omg2: We have the same thing happen here too. I have no clue why it does that. And closing out of Corel doesn't fix the problem, you have to restart. It's so annoying. I noticed it started happening after we installed the newer updates. Does anyone else know how to fix this?

Tell ya what, when you take Brush Script out of your logo, I'll tell you how to fix your problem.
Awe Flame, are you haing a bad day trying to think of somehing more original than skulls and flames for your avitar? Guess we're in the same boat:ROFLMAO:. Actually, between the time I first posted this and your cute little reply, I figured it out....Now, if you'll get rid of the skull, I'll tell you what I found out.
Oh yeah....have a nice day!

OldPaint

the NEWBIE(flamey) bustin on the NEWBIE....
i got same problem when i do a trace in corel X3, or import some ai./eps.
i find it out when i cant break it aprt to add color. instead it colors the whole graphic.

Flame

the NEWBIE(flamey) bustin on the NEWBIE....
i got same problem when i do a trace in corel X3, or import some ai./eps.
i find it out when i cant break it aprt to add color. instead it colors the whole graphic.

lol. 8 years in this biz... I am slowly outgrowing my newbie status OP. How's yours?

Awe Flame, are you haing a bad day trying to think of somehing more original than skulls and flames for your avitar? Guess we're in the same boat:ROFLMAO:. Actually, between the time I first posted this and your cute little reply, I figured it out....Now, if you'll get rid of the skull, I'll tell you what I found out.
Oh yeah....have a nice day!

Hey bro... I was kidding!!!!!! lol. Sorry, just tired and thought I'd throw in a funny. All I can say is try restarting. Seemed to fix it the 1 or 2 times I had it happen. Other than that, not sure what will fix it or even why it happens. It goes away after a restart.

lol. 8 years in this biz... I am slowly outgrowing my newbie status OP. How's yours?

Hey bro... I was kidding!!!!!! lol. Sorry, just tired and thought I'd throw in a funny. All I can say is try restarting. Seemed to fix it the 1 or 2 times I had it happen. Other than that, not sure what will fix it or even why it happens. It goes away after a restart.
It was funny!....I took no offense at all Flame....but do you like my new avitar? Actually, I had been playing around with the Artistic Media brush before the duplicate problem happened, so I clicked on the pen tool (in that same flyout menu) then went back to my selector tool and all was back to normal. I guess the tool got stuck.
FYI....I'm not a bro...(I'm a girl!) but we all make mistakes.......like using brush script (ha ha).

Joop

That happened to me and a co worker, we figured out it would happen after lunch time when we just would watch youtube vids during break.

Dunno if you are watching videos online, but that is what caused it for us. We restarted corel, but it still happened... had to reboot the computer to make it stop.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
OP did you use CorelDraw to type that last post?
(seems like you have a trail of unwanted duplicate "haha's" there)

wayne k
guam usa

Joe Diaz

I found a way to fix it when it happens without having to restarting your computer: Close out of Corel, and put your computer in sleep mode, then exit out of sleep mode, start up Corel and it works fine! Not a permanent fix, but it is allot quicker then restarting your computer. I'm going to post a thread on Corel's site to see if their is a permanent fix to this.