• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Corel X5 latest patch

SignManiac

Will fix the export .jpg issues where it takes too long or wont export at all?

CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X5 Hot Fix 4 Notes: Hot Fix 4 will update the latest release of CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X5 (15.2.0.686). The build number after the hot fix is applied will be 15.2.0.695. The following fix is included in the update;

• JPG, PNG, GIF, and JPEG2000 files will export consistently
  • The Outline Width control on the property bar will accept custom values
Here's the link to download:

http://www.corel.com/corel/pages/index.jsp?pgid=800161&ppid=1000083

Just tested it and seems to be fixed now :) Joe Diaz you had the same problems with it also.

300mphGraphics

Thanks. Been driving me nuts.

What about the download below that one for service pack 3? I bought my X5 in December and SP3 was a May fix, anyone know how to check if my version needs that one too?

Jillbeans

I will try it too.
X5 seems to have a few bugs besides the export thing.
Mine is forever loading and lately it freezes as soon as I load it, then it works after I cuss it out for a few seconds.
Love....Jill

slipperyfrog

I'll try it out. The export thing bugs me.

X5 was quite slow and buggy until I built a new design machine. I put the X5 install on my solid state drive and now it works like a charm.

300mphGraphics

I didn't need the SP3 update. The patch also fixed the zoom issue. Two things that were absolutely driving me nuts. Thanks!

Cyw

Hi all, new to this forum but a long time Corelian.

The Hotfix (to my knowledge) addressed 'some' issues with 'some' export issues on 'some' systems.
If you prefer to use the older style export dialog box in X5, you can easily do the following:
[1] Close Corel and navigate to the folder shown below
[2] Add an x to the 2 file extensions

The export dialog box should revert to what you've been used to in previous versions.
You can always change it back to the X5 way by renaming the extensions again and removing the x's

Attachments

• OldjpgExport.jpg
    OldjpgExport.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 192