• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

corel x5 not showings file thumbnails

Turbophein

help would be greatly appreciated.

its just showing the generic corel thumbnail for all my files. i can't see my work! just the file names and it is taking forever to get stuff done... i installed the corel cd and tried a repair with no luck.... i did just have corel fixed. it was getting stuck loading user settings when opening corel. just renamed the user settings file.

Last edited:

Tony McD

Here's how it works for me in x3
If you are in corel and go to open a cdr file, it shows a thumbnail for the file.
If you are not in corel and go to the same file, it doesn't show a thumbnail I suppose because corel isn't being used.

....or maybe a file association problem?

Laz0924

Here's how it works for me in x3
If you are in corel and go to open a cdr file, it shows a thumbnail for the file.
If you are not in corel and go to the same file, it doesn't show a thumbnail I suppose because corel isn't being used.

....or maybe a file association problem?
Yeap, that did it the file association for .cdr was set to coreldraw, when I changed it to my current version x6 64 bit now I can see the thumbnails.
I had checked that before but since it showed coreldraw I figured it was right.
Thanks