• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Corel X6.3 Update

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
Am I missing something, or was the recent CorelDRAW X6.3 update nothing more than a way to spam users into signing up for a "premium membership" subscription? They're gonna have to do a heck of a lot better than throwing in some QR Code and barcode functions (I can generate those things for FREE elsewhere).

CorelDRAW X6 has a number of bugs that need to be addressed (and weren't with this latest so-called update).

Fundamental features like controlled anchor point alignment were BOTCHED with X6. As long as I can remember CorelDRAW let users shift+click anchor points into a selection to align and the last one clicked would stay put. That method no longer works. Now the alignment anchor is whatever node was created first -not shift-clicked. That stinks. Anchor point alignment is a pain in Illustrator, but at least it works. If you want to align anchor points on a particular axis with Corel X6 you'll have to drag out guidelines or do other extra steps to get the job done. And the end results may not be entirely accurate either.

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
Bump.

Just applied the latest "Hotfix 1" update to CorelDRAW X6.3. That brings it up to version 16.3.0.1114.

Still missing the ability to align anchor points with control over which point stays put. CorelDRAW was able to do this for many years, and long before Adobe Illustrator adopted the feature. Now if I want to align anchor points in the manner I want I have to use Illustrator to do so, but I'm not fond of the extra clicks Illustrator requires.

Some of the other bugs/complaints I have about X6 are still not fixed -such as collapsed menus flopping out to maximum size whenever the CorelDRAW window is minimized and then restored (that bug dates back to X5).

Lately CorelDRAW X6 has been freezing and even crashing in some cases when closing files. I'm hoping this latest hot fix addressed that problem. We'll see.

I'm wondering what all will be different in Illustrator CC when it becomes available a little over a month from now. If I really like the changes I'll be using CorelDRAW with decreasing frequency. For all the additions X6 boasts, such as full OpenType support, the application has become more difficult and less reliable to use than some previous versions (like X5 and X3).

Jackpine

Go back to versions X5 or X3 until they get X6 right. I have X5 on one computer but use X3 most always.If it ain't broke don't fix it.

SignManiac

I upgraded strictly because of the 64bit version so I could take advantage of my 20 gigs of ram. Not particularly for other features. The earlier versions did most everything I wanted.

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
The problem is CorelDRAW X5 and X3 won't install under Windows 8 Professional. It won't even get into the install process. A message immediately comes up saying "this version of CorelDRAW isn't compatible with Windows 8; a newer version is available." I'm stuck with version X6.

The least thing the folks at Corel could do is fix those bugs and restore the features they broke, like proper anchor point alignment capability.