• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Corel X8 - Not opening file

neato

Wow, I have to say, I'm just a few days into using X8 and I'm super disappointed in it's lack of stability. Tons of little issues.

Now I've created a file that suddenly just crashed on me after a couple hours of work. When I go to open it, I get a gray screen with "view" grayed out in the menu bar.

I can open a new document and import the file, but if I try to save it, the new file gives me the same gray screen upon opening.

I do have a couple of bitmaps with transparencies in this file, however they seem to have disappeared too when I import it into a new file. I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

Supposedly, I don't have any updates to install.

If someone works in X8 and wants to try opening the file to see if it somehow became corrupt, I'd be happy to email it.

JimmyG

Phillip, Im using Corel 2018 now. Do you create auto backups as you work and if so do those have the same problem. I did a have a job where I encountered this problem and saved it to lower version x7 to open and fix it

myront

CorelDRAW is best
check this area

upload_2020-1-9_16-27-42.png