Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Corel X8 not opening older versions

Discussion in 'Corel' started by neato, Jan 3, 2020.

1. neato

neato Very Active Member

May 16, 2003
    Henderson, IL
    So I finally "upgraded" from X6 to X8 since I moved to a Windows 10 computer.

I started working in X8 today, but I'm already experiencing issues opening older version files.

The first instance was a file I created in X6 that I needed to edit. When I opened it in X8, one of the bitmaps was missing.

The second instance was a file emailed to me by a client, I believe they work in X4. It just wouldn't open at all in X8, just a blank page. Opened fine in X6 on my Windows 7 computer.

Anyone else have this issue? Am I missing a checkbox somewhere?

Tags:
  2. jwlllpl

jwlllpl Member

May 6, 2016
    Florida
    Try importing or drag and drop method instead of opening. Not sure why this makes a difference, but over the years whenever opening a file directly has been an issue with newer versions or updates, I have been able to open and correctly get all of the file using one these methods.

3. neato

neato Very Active Member

May 16, 2003
    Henderson, IL
    I'll give that a try...thanks!