• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CorelDRAW Artwork Optimizer Plugin

jemmyell

Hi,

I have a new CorelDRAW plugin I just released that does shape sequence (stacking order) optimization. I am attaching the PDF manual and I hope that some of you will give it a try. It can be downloaded from http://www.coreldrawtools.com where you can also try my DXFTool for CorelDRAW, both the Standard and Professional editions. All of my tools are free to try for 30 days or 30 operations.

-James Leonard

Attachments

• Artwork Optimizer Standard Edition.pdf
    454.2 KB · Views: 526

SignManiac

Can you explain better what it does exactly? Your definition reads like Swahili to me and I speak Greek. Nevermind, just saw the PDF file.

jemmyell

Hi,

Yes, the PDF has screencaps showing the before and after of the process. Basically, when a CorelDRAW drawing is created the usual process does not take into account the sequence of shapes. Corel calls this the 'stacking order'. Laser cutters (and vinyl cutters too) are used to just opening the Object Manager and then dragging shapes around until they are in the order they want them to be cut in. For a small drawing this is not too bad. I created this tool in collaboration with a laser cutter that posted for help on the CorelDRAW.com forums. He had a painting stencil to cut for an artist that had 6000 unique shapes on it. His poor laser was very not happy with the really random order. So, he asked for a better way. MacroMonster has a macro that you can resequence a drawing with by clicking on each shape in the order you want them to be in. The laser guy didn't think 6000 clicks was a good thing either.

So, I made this. It does the 6000 shape drawing in just about 10 seconds. Smaller drawing are much faster.

-James Leonard