• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CorelDraw - design template

msenjur

Hello!

I was wondering if there is any way that i could doing desings on vans easly.

My problem is, that first i create desing on van, than on another layer i create panels with bleed. then i combine all panels, place inside design, and than break apart. But than every panel has design placed inside, in if it is more complex desing, that takes a lot of memory and ram and everything slows down. Or if im doin some changes later on desing, i have to make these changes in all panels...

Could i just set design as linked image or something, and place this link in panels. And if am doing some changes on image, this changes should be automaticaly done in all panels with that image placed inside....

i hope you understand me...

like in indesign, where you place image, in some frame, and you can duplicate it as many times you want, but there will still be only one image taking up memory....

msenjur

ok, but i belive there is this option somewhere in corel draw.

im not even worried about ram so much, im more interested because of changes in design...

msenjur

no no... that is not what im looking for...

So far i managed to discover Symbols - this funcion is quite close to my solution.

I can create design, mark it as symbol, and then use it multiple times, and all changes are seen on all instances of duplicated symbols... But file size doesnt increase, because there is still only one symbol/design used...

myront

CorelDRAW is best
No need for duplicates(two layers).
If you are working from a vector vehicle template just powerclip your design into the vehicle outline. Once it's finalized you can then create your panels. Also look at the resolution of any raster images. SHouldn't be anything over 72dpi. Crop any down close but still leave enough for bleed. Can also rasterize the whole bit then crop to create your panels. Working over a network? Try moving it to the desktop then work with it. You can always move it back once the job is complete.

msenjur

hello

yes, but when i create panels, "place inside" design in each panel. So on van, that is 4x desing in each panel on one side. that is quite memory consuming.

Truth is, that i have jpgs on 300dpi if possible... i can lower that, but anyway, sometimes complex vector design is more consuming...

not working over network...

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Are you designing at full scale? If so, 300dpi is overkill. All your images should remain at whatever dpi they "stretch" out to be i.e. you may start with an image at 300dpi but when you physically change the dimensions of that image it will become something around 32dpi. Leave it alone. When you get ready to export that panel for print set the dpi to 150 at that time. It's a mistake I've seen many times. People think that when they need an image blown up to 60-80inches that they still need the image to be 300dpi so they resample it and now the image that was 2MB is now 500MB x 6-8 images!

msenjur

yes, a know about that issue...

im designing at 1:10, before export, i resize panels to 1:1, export in 300dpi, but that does matter for coreldraw... only pdf are bigger...

anyway, that doesnt answer my question if there is any option to create design, mark it as linked or something, so that corel would use only that instance as primary, and that there is only preview on other instances. And if i made changes in primary design, that change should be visible on all instances...

WildWestDesigns

In Ai, to link a previous design into another is when importing it into a new document, there is an option as to embed or link. I would look into seeing if there is something similar in DRAW.

The downside to this is that if the physical design that's linked into the new design changes location, the link is broken. If the file tree changes between the 2 files (regardless of which one is moved), the link is broken.

If you are wanting everything to reside within the same file, symbols is the only thing that I am aware of to do that.

If memory usage is still the bottleneck, quite honestly, may need to look into a RAM upgrade. How much are you running now and the specs of said RAM?

msenjur

im on 20gb RAM, so that is not a problem...

i mean, it is not that criticaly, but if i do something else in photoshop, illustrator, then i can notice some delays...

WildWestDesigns

im on 20gb RAM, so that is not a problem...

That's an "odd" number for RAM. But that amount shouldn't present a problem in most instances, unless your workflow is causing something to happen (or something about the files that you are working with). Maybe even a memory leak.