• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CorelDraw exporting large files problem

Jean Shimp

I created a 6' x 90' banner in CorelDraw at 150 dpi full size. When I tried to export it as a jpg it automatically reduced the size of the banner to around 8' wide with a maximum resolution of 300. I imported that file in a new window and scaled it up to 90'. Needless to say it looked awful with a dpi less than 50. Second attempt - tried scaling the image down to 8' wide before exporting, the resolution automatically changes to over 1500 dpi on the desktop. Tried to export as jpg, but I could not increase the resolution higher than 300. That attempt looked worse than the first one. Any suggestions on how to resolve this? Thanks.

ColorCrest

All around shop helper.
I created a 6' x 90' banner in CorelDraw at 150 dpi full size. When I tried to export it as a jpg
What is actual viewer's distance of the banner so wide?

The value of 150 dpi (ppi) is likely much too much and why the need to export the file as a jpg?

Jean Shimp

What is actual viewer's distance of the banner so wide?

The value of 150 dpi (ppi) is likely much too much and why the need to export the file as a jpg?
This will be viewed fairly close up as it hangs on a construction site fence by a sidewalk.

De.signs Nanaimo

Always, always print from pdf's, this is what they are intended for! Publish as CMYK of course then select the Object tab and in the bitmap compression area use jpg for the type of compression and around 10 to 50 for quality , I normally use 2 but for large files this is not needed and 100dpi for the bottom three choices, you can go as low as 25dpi for billboards.

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
What kind of content is in this CorelDRAW layout? Does it have a bunch of embedded photographs or any other pixel-based stuff? Or is all the content vector-based? Either way PDF will be a better choice than JPEG. Any vector-based objects (such as type elements) can be maintained as vector-based objects. The overall exported file size could end up being smaller.