• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X4

GK

Been toying with some of the new features and so far, I like it =) If anyone has any questions they were wondering about post them and I will try to answer. One feature that I really like is the ACMM (Adobe Color Management Module) They are finally starting to realize it will be much better to make more compliant software to go between Adobe & Corel applications.

The GUI in X4 is very clean looking too I must say, and its resource requirements compared to X3 are nearly identical so you won't need to upgrade anything.

ChiknNutz

Been toying with some of the new features and so far, I like it =) If anyone has any questions they were wondering about post them and I will try to answer. One feature that I really like is the ACMM (Adobe Color Management Module) They are finally starting to realize it will be much better to make more compliant software to go between Adobe & Corel applications.

The GUI in X4 is very clean looking too I must say, and its resource requirements compared to X3 are nearly identical so you won't need to upgrade anything.

Can you elaborate a little on the ACMM stuff?

GK

Can you elaborate a little on the ACMM stuff?

basically it becomes like jumping between Adobe software but now you can go between Corel and Adobe without a color shift. This really made a difference when using gradients since they always tended to shift.

300mphGraphics

Been toying with some of the new features and so far, I like it =) If anyone has any questions they were wondering about post them and I will try to answer.
Very kind of you, thanks. :) Short question is on importing a file, is .pub supported and what version of Word are they up to?

300mphGraphics

You will find if you haven't already,

that no true designers programs will ever support .pub files

or word doc files . . . EVER !
Not again.. Corel has long had the option to import doc files and the new release of X4 claims this:
* Enjoy seamless compatibility with commonly used file formats, including Microsoft® Publisher, Adobe® Photoshop® CS3, Adobe® Illustrator® CS3 and Microsoft® Word 2007.

300mphGraphics

So we went from "no true designers program will ever support word doc files" to "some import" in a matter of minutes. I don't think those words "EVER and surely NOT" mean what you think they mean. Corel's site says they have "seemless compatibility". I have my doubts which is why I've asked. Sure be nice not to have to stay current on those Microsoft products.

GK

So we went from "no true designers program will ever support word doc files" to "some import" in a matter of minutes. I don't think those words "EVER and surely NOT" mean what you think they mean. Corel's site says they have "seemless compatibility". I have my doubts which is why I've asked. Sure be nice not to have to stay current on those Microsoft products.

I just tried a basic .pub file and it imported "ok" I tried a fairly intricate one and all hell broke loose. Rich text word doc from Office 2007 imported fine.

300mphGraphics

Thank you George, very helpful as usual. I can fix all hell breaking loose better than working in Publisher. That's two I owe you. :)

GK

Thank you George, very helpful as usual. I can fix all hell breaking loose better than working in Publisher. That's two I owe you. :)

I just wish Microsoft would realize that they have a monopoly on basically everything else so they should stay out of the "design" business lol.

Shovelhead

"I'm sorry Mr. Customer, publisher files, and Microsoft product files, are not conducive with producing signs".:cool:

Replicator

"I'm sorry, publisher files, and Microsoft product files, are not conducive with producing signs".:cool:

Thank You !

My point although taken to literally,
was that doc and pub files are not professional design files
by any stretch of the imagination . . .

If you can get them to work . . . more the power to ya !

300mphGraphics

No, they're not. But customers supply these file types for banners, posters, POS displays, business cards, brochures, flyers, etc. It's easier for me to import the elements and rework them in CorelDRAW.. Oh forget it. Not going to waste any more time on people that don't have a clue and just like to talk/type to hear themselves.

Replicator

We do not regularly except PUB and DOC files from customers . . .

If we have to, then we explain that they will be paying for the time it takes to recreate the files from scratch.

Sorry to have burdened you with my nonsense 300mphG . . . !