• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CorelDraw & Photo-Paint Questions.

Jim Hill

I use Corel to create vector images and love using the program but I find myself using Photo-Paint very little.

My question is if I wanted to use a some of the features in Photo-Paint such the flames would I have to convert my vector image to a raster image to do it?

The more I work with vector images I find myself not wanting to work with raster images anymore.

Thanks for you advice and help. Jim

R08

If you import or paste a vector image into photopaint, it automatically gets converted to raster.

Jim Hill

Rob

Rob:

Thanks for sharing that information with me.

If I wanted to paint flames on a vector image what other ways are there other then using just the tools in CorelDraw such as the bezier?

Are there any other good add on programs I should be using with Corel?

When I see some of the work others have created in Corel such as car's and things I am blown away by their work and sometimes wonder how they are doing it all in vector graphics.

I like many of the effects you can make with Photo-Paint but I also like creating things in vector better then in raster.

I thank you for your help. Jim Hill :thankyou:

R08

At this point it sounds like you haven't really explored all of the options in Corel yet.
The only add-on I use is filter forge but it mostly works with photopaint.

Draw is very versatile. You can mix vector and raster images. You can even place raster images inside a vector (powerclip).

The photopaint portion is mostly for raster editing.

Maybe some training videos would help.

R08

Do a search for corel draw powerclip in youtube. This is one very powerful feature in Corel.

You can do the same for many other features like blend, envelope etc..

DOGraphics

1.) At this point it sounds like you haven't

really explored all of the options in Corel yet.

2. ) Maybe some training videos would help.

1.) This is very true for me personally !

2.) Do you have any recommendation on good training videos ?

Thanks for any inupt

SORRY FOR BEING A :thread

ahollow

A great training video for Corel Draw and PhotoPaint is from www.AdvancedArtist.com. He aslo has a bunch of free videos on his site. I just purchased the Power Training Bundle, and I think it has a lot of great information iin it.

HuMJohn

I use Corel to create vector images and love using the program but I find myself using Photo-Paint very little.

My question is if I wanted to use a some of the features in Photo-Paint such the flames would I have to convert my vector image to a raster image to do it?

The more I work with vector images I find myself not wanting to work with raster images anymore.

Thanks for you advice and help. Jim
Hrm.....Flames........Aha!! Flamez.ttf by marioz (Filename = FLAMEZBY.TTF)

R08

You mean fire like this?

fire.jpg

Designed in Corel X4
Used Photopaint to put the fire thing in the background together.