• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help CorelDRAW software

FMorgan

Hello.
I am new to this website and am seeking some advice..
I have installed CorelDRAW software. But any newly downloaded CorelDRAW file will download but not open. It just goes to a blue screen, and nothing else. Has anyone else seen this problem?
Thanks

cybernalin

Hello.
I have installed CorelDRAW software. But any newly downloaded CorelDRAW file will download but not open. It just goes to a blue screen, and nothing else. Has anyone else seen this problem?
Thanks

so i have few questions Did you installed the corel draw correctly? where did you download the corel draw software
is it a pirate or genuine?
what os you are using and what version of corel draw?
is this comeup with blue screen of death or just blue screen?

RavenSigns

If you want to use the free trial, make sure to download it from Corel’s website instead of a random source. You should be able to use it for 14 days before you are asked to subscribe.

If that doesn’t work for you, it could be your OS or the computer.

Sidney

Hello.
Thanks

I have never seen that before. I just shared this website with someone else on signs101... Because you're a Corel user this could be very helpful. He is a Corel expert and has a lot to share...

AdvancedArtist.com

Judi

Worker Bee
Hello.
Thanks

I've never had the issue myself, but I've heard of this happening when running in the wrong Compatibility Mode.

Also, where are you getting these files? You stated that you're having the issue when trying to open "newly downloaded CorelDRAW" files. Does it also happen when you create your own files?

ams

Could be the version you are using. Like if you have X4 and try to open a X7 file, it won't happen.

DEn0900

The chances are small, but you can try :
  • Create a new file
  • File > Import and select the CDR file.
Sometimes, that will work.
Method 2 -- rename the file, so that it ends in .zip instead of .cdr. Now double click on the file. You should see several folders including one labelled content. Open that and look for a file named riffdata.cdr. Without closing those folders, Copy that to the desktop.
Now, try opening the riffdata.cdr.
If these steps do not resolve the problem,take a look how to fix .cdr error codes HERE.