• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

coreldraw x5 Im trying to find the icon to plott my work?

scootinbob

I have used Greber composer for years now and have pretty much mastered the program so I decided to get Coreldraw x5 and expand my horizons. I cant seem to find the icon for plotting like composer has. I dont know if I need to program corel to recognize that I do have a plotter or what? could you give me a little advice.

Mosh

Corel is NOT a stand alone cutting program. You need a plugin to run the plotter directly out of it, like co-cut.

scootinbob

So your saying that my greber composer recognizes the plotter and I have to somehow send my plotting to my graphtec plotter?

Mosh

When I plot something I designed in Corel, I send it through my SignLab program.
There is a plug-in for Corel to plot, but it is not a standard thing that comes with the
Corel Program.

scootinbob

so what would be a good program to use then that is out there? I just hope Corel is better than the composer program I have been using for years

Mosh

I love Corel and have been using it since about 1992 or so. I do all of my design working in there, then send to SignLab to cut or Versa to print.

WildWestDesigns

Go to the website for your cutter and see if they have a plugin for Coral. I have a Roland cutter and there is a plugin for Illustrator that allows me to export into their cutting program(Cut Studio) and use my Illustrator files. I like to use the plugin though as that gives me a preview of what the cut would look like without have to save and open up the other program.

I don't know if they plugin(if available) that would allow the same type of operation for you or not.