• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help coreldraw X8 eps file corrupt

tj mach

i built a new computer and have been having issues ever since.
went from corel x4 to corel x8 because the latest windows 10 will NOT run corel x4.
now, whatever eps i make in corel x8 gives me a file corrupt error when bringing into roland versaworks.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Same export settings as before?
upload_2020-1-22_16-34-58.png

E Coloney

I bought CD 2019 and it's nearly garbage and sometimes I must go back to X7 to get some files to work. I'd switch to inkscape except I've got hundreds, maybe thousands of .cdr files on hand.

tj mach

i have confirmed it is a corel issue. i installed coreldraw x5, and i am once again making EPS files with a contourcut outline and versaworks is opening them. i tried to ask corel for a key to convert the trial to a full version, but they only offer corel x7...full price, and no demo for it. so, i can buy x7 and HOPE it solves my problem, or i can try to find a crack for x5. the problem, i can't upgrade to versaworks 6 from version 4 because my machine is too old! it's an xc-540 soljet pro III.
i guess i have 29 more days to figure this out. if anyone can help, please do!

Russ Aubertin

Try publishing to pdf and use them to print. I've been doing it for years across all Corel builds with no issues. I use 2018 and Versaworks 6.

unclebun

We have used every version of Corel Draw from 11 through 2019, including X8, and have experienced no such issues with eps files. Somewhere, something installed wrong or is set wrong.

Axs

I have actually found from my experience that it is a Versaworks issue and not related to Corel. I haven't seen it happen so much lately but try running Versaworks as an Administrator and see if that does anything. Shot in the dark but maybe it will work for you.

WildWestDesigns

Just my opinion but I have been trying out InkScape and so far I really like it.

Jim

Inkscape really isn't bad at all. It does have it's limitations, especially for print and some type limitations (although I think it still does better then DRAW).

It does have a lot of advantages, especially for those that aren't dependent on having to read outside files (especially proprietary files (although there are some work arounds that may work)). I like it for a lot of other usages outside of just design work and it's handling of the SVG format is far better then Ai or DRAW's handing of the SVG file format.

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
Did you add in the extra $99 for "upgrade protection" when buying the CDR 2019 upgrade (given the CDR 2020 release may debut in the next few weeks)? Or did they even offer it? Corel drew its line in the sand the middle of last month on when perpetual license upgrades were going to be discontinued. It's a little surprising that it now being well into February they would still sell a traditional upgrade to CDR 2019. At the Corel web site only the full version and $198 per year subscription version is offered.

tj mach

Did you add in the extra $99 for "upgrade protection" when buying the CDR 2019 upgrade (given the CDR 2020 release may debut in the next few weeks)? Or did they even offer it? Corel drew its line in the sand the middle of last month on when perpetual license upgrades were going to be discontinued. It's a little surprising that it now being well into February they would still sell a traditional upgrade to CDR 2019. At the Corel web site only the full version and $198 per year subscription version is offered.
i did not get the $99 upgrade protection...i had to call corel to get the $200 one time price, the rep on the phone emailed me the shopping cart link.