• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Coreldraw X8 to Flexi 12

mchldelf

Is there a way to design in Coreldraw X8 and open in Flexi 12 to print? When I try to copy and paste my designs have jagged edges. Any help would be appreciated.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Export out of Corel as a cmx file, select the cmx legacy version. This format will import into Flexi. Be careful with transparencies, gradients, and Corel's drop shadows which are transparent bitmaps. Unfortunately there are no standards for these things and every package has it's own way of handling them which is pretty much incompatible with anyone else's software.

mchldelf

I'm guessing if I need to do any transparencies, gradients, or drop shadows I should do them in Flexi? Also, do I need to make any advance color changes so each program mesh well together? Thanks

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
If you are through editing and ready to print I'd save it out as an eps or pdf and drop it directly into the program manager instead of opening it in the main Flexi app. Seems to avoid a host of issues here.
If it is really complex I would flatten it to a jpg or tiff and print those from the PM.

Wayne k
guam usa

myront

CorelDRAW is best
If you are through editing and ready to print I'd save it out as an eps or pdf and drop it directly into the program manager instead of opening it in the main Flexi app. Seems to avoid a host of issues here.
If it is really complex I would flatten it to a jpg or tiff and print those from the PM.

Wayne k
guam usa

I agree. We purchased a printer bundled with Flexi but only use it for the Program Manager. The setup makes a Hot folder that our Corel users connect to from their respective workstations and just export pdf, eps, or tiff files to.