Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help Coreldrawx8 drawing -node connecting problem in simple drawing

Discussion in 'Corel' started by Colt67, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Colt67

Colt67 New Member

Feb 24, 2017
    Iowa
    old (well not too old) dog teaching himself new things

the drawing(hat) i drew > I have tried joining the nodes with join curves with upper right docker (used 0.0-0.3 as closure) and have whole image selected while trying to join the nodes but the nodes are not joining correctly. 2 pics shown these were before tried the join curve at nodes . fill hat without the join and still fills in hat wrong. the hat picture with the extra line was before trying the join curves and after join curves it still filled in hat the same way. thank you

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. The Yanki & The Brit

The Yanki & The Brit The Yanki & The Brit Signs and Radio Show

Sep 3, 2014
    Texas
    I believe you want to turn your outline into an object, convert to curves, then break curve apart, then you can click each line and work with it individually, then you need to check each line with the nodes, and try arrange, close path, and once you close the path, all will be fine. Then you can combined it into one piece, then export as an EPS to cut vinyl with.
    I know I'm close. Just easier when I'm actually working with it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. White Haus

White Haus Formally known as RJPW..........

Apr 6, 2018
    Winnipeg
    I've always struggled with connecting nodes in Corel for some reason. Almost a little relieved to hear I'm not the only one....

4. Billct2

Billct2 Major Contributor

Mar 12, 2005
    New England
    Hate nodes/outline strokes in Corel, Gerber is so much easier

5. myront

myront CorelDRAW is best

Dec 3, 2015
    Niceville, FL
    You cannot join the nodes without having the fill problems you see. What you need is 3 seperate shapes with outlines.
    upload_2020-4-16_9-18-3.png

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. dakotasignwerks

dakotasignwerks Member

Feb 1, 2008
    north dakota
    use the interactive fill tool to fill in the sections inside the border (black line) then you get the parts individually

• Like Like x 1
  7. myront

myront CorelDRAW is best

Dec 3, 2015
    Niceville, FL
    Agree. You must ensure the lines overlap a bit first or smart fill won't work right

• Like Like x 1
  8. mfatty500

mfatty500 Active Member

May 10, 2010
    Sugar Grove, Ill
    Have you tried to reverse the node direction?

9. unclebun

unclebun Very Active Member

The basic problem the OP is having is he is trying to join an end node (which is proper) to a node in the middle of a curve. That doesn't work. You can only join end nodes to end nodes.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1