• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Coreldrawx8 drawing -node connecting problem in simple drawing

Colt67

old (well not too old) dog teaching himself new things

the drawing(hat) i drew > I have tried joining the nodes with join curves with upper right docker (used 0.0-0.3 as closure) and have whole image selected while trying to join the nodes but the nodes are not joining correctly. 2 pics shown these were before tried the join curve at nodes . fill hat without the join and still fills in hat wrong. the hat picture with the extra line was before trying the join curves and after join curves it still filled in hat the same way. thank you

Attachments

• IMG_1582 (800x600).jpg
    IMG_1582 (800x600).jpg
    121 KB · Views: 340
  • IMG_1584 (800x600).jpg
    IMG_1584 (800x600).jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 313

Bradley Signs

Bradley Signs
I believe you want to turn your outline into an object, convert to curves, then break curve apart, then you can click each line and work with it individually, then you need to check each line with the nodes, and try arrange, close path, and once you close the path, all will be fine. Then you can combined it into one piece, then export as an EPS to cut vinyl with.
I know I'm close. Just easier when I'm actually working with it.

White Haus

Not a Newbie
I've always struggled with connecting nodes in Corel for some reason. Almost a little relieved to hear I'm not the only one....

myront

CorelDRAW is best
You cannot join the nodes without having the fill problems you see. What you need is 3 seperate shapes with outlines.
upload_2020-4-16_9-18-3.png

unclebun

The basic problem the OP is having is he is trying to join an end node (which is proper) to a node in the middle of a curve. That doesn't work. You can only join end nodes to end nodes.