• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Corn hole

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Oil field client of mine wants a corn hole set with their logo. Normally I would pass but I don't want to with this client. Would I just buy a corn hole set and slap some vinyl over it? What would you suggest?

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Pretty much. We've wrapped them with a permanent calendared vinyl. The boards themselves were provided to us, some bought, some homemade.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Easy peasy. I'd make it big enough to wrap the sides, fold it around so the edge of the vinyl is trimmed up on the inside of the bottom. Corners are a little tricky, just take your time and make sure the vinyl overlaps for a good seal.

Make a template... Don't forget to account for the hole. Cover that, the cut it out. Adhesive primer would be a must around any edges.

Last edited:

garyroy

Depending on the size of the customer and how much business they do with you,
I might buy them a custom made one and just give it to them. Of course that depends on how much business they do with you. :cool:
Maybe even have your company name printed small at the bottom, something like "Have Fun! Tex the Sign Man"
Every time someone uses it, they'll see your name.

bdw99

We do a fair bit of cornhole boards, we just put laminated vinyl on top of them. We never buy the cornhole boards customer always provides them. I would encourage them getting pre made ones. We've had a few that bring in home made ones and they are never sanded or anything like that and never turn out that well.

JBurton

Signtologist
We did some, sprayed white, layed logos, then coated in clear. I thought they looked pretty shabby, but man customers just love them. The owner delivered these and proceeded to have a 20 minute conversation with a bank president while two other executives were playing with them, at one point the president had to catch a whiffed shot that was going straight at his face, and he just laughed it off. I'd pick some up today if you could deliver same day, they obviously wanted them for the holiday gathering...

Stacey K

I like making signs
I would suggest buying a custom made set and applying laminated vinyl. Something decent that's made of real wood. Or find some retired guy to make them. Those Walmart sets are CRAP. Etsy has lots of vendors that sell them also. The boards need to be heavy so the bag doesn't bounce - it's very important. Here is a link on how to make them. I am a cornhole snob and won't play on cheap boards LOL Make sure you get the right bags also. 8 bags at 1# each. I prefer a sticky side and a slick side on each bag but will lower my standards to a regular slick/slick bag if I have to LOL Amazon sells lots of them

1685113408583.png

unclebun

When we've done them the customer has made them. I tell them it has to be sanded smooth and coated with multiple coats of polyurethane before we put the graphics on them. We don't wrap them. We make a flat decal to go on top. We've even done cut graphics for some wedding sets. Usually a full coverage decal for sports team themed sets. The customer usually puts more polyurethane over the graphics.

Bill DiStasio

Oil field client of mine wants a corn hole set with their logo. Normally I would pass but I don't want to with this client. Would I just buy a corn hole set and slap some vinyl over it? What would you suggest?
I drive by a hey guys house everyday that has 15 or 20 of them sitting out front that he's made custom and covered with vinyl I assume or he's painted it and clear coated it but they look really nice. If you're interested I'll stop by and get the information. It looks like he's been doing them for quite a while because he's always got new ones out there.

MarkSnelling

Mark Snelling - Hasco Graphics
I've got a few customers who have our Fluid Color and Arizona flatbed printers and print cornhole boards all day, every day. They do wholesale work, too. Incredible quality. They print and then put several coats of varnish over the ink and wood to get the precise surface for sliding the bags. These look way better than laminated vinyl but of course with that, they come with a cost. Hit me up if you want an introduction to either shop.

Chris Keena

When we've done them the customer has made them. I tell them it has to be sanded smooth and coated with multiple coats of polyurethane before we put the graphics on them. We don't wrap them. We make a flat decal to go on top. We've even done cut graphics for some wedding sets. Usually a full coverage decal for sports team themed sets. The customer usually puts more polyurethane over the graphics.
The customer usually puts more polyurethane over the graphics. ADDITIONAL POLYURETHANE OVER THE GRAPHICS IS A MUST. I live near the beach and salt air / wind destroys everything. Even the Poly...

MikePro

that's all i've ever done. farmer's markets are always sellilng blank boards already built, and I sheet apply my vinyl and then bartop epoxy over the whole thing to seal it.