• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Corn hole

MikePro

i just get whatever they have at HomeDepot. Its right next to the polyurethane tins in the spraypaint aisle
(i've also heard people use polyurethane, but it may as well just be a clearcoat. The self-leveling bartop epoxy makes it nearly bulletproof.)

the one set I never coated, got left outside a cpl. 4th's ago and it rained....very next day the MDO panels were already swelling up and delaminating.

Chris Keena

i just get whatever they have at HomeDepot. Its right next to the polyurethane tins in the spraypaint aisle
(i've also heard people use polyurethane, but it may as well just be a clearcoat. The self-leveling bartop epoxy makes it nearly bulletproof.)

the one set I never coated, got left outside a cpl. 4th's ago and it rained....very next day the MDO panels were already swelling up and delaminating.
Yea, I've done two HUGE bar tops and that stuff is the ( . ) ( . )'s. I was curious just in the brand name you like. No biggie.

MikePro

oh i got ya, i just didn't know off the top of my head cause i just pickup as needed whatever they got :)
looked it up: its Famowood Glazecoat

JBurton

Signtologist
very next day the MDO panels were already swelling up and delaminating.
Ok, this is madness. Either its a different grade of MDO than I get delivered from Reece, or it was actually MDF. I keep a sheet of MDO in the bed of my truck, it makes transporting panels much easier and it adds a bit of weight to the rear wheels for a better ride. I've had the same sheet for at least 2 years, it survived the wreck and now lives in the new truck bed, and it's as true as the day I got it, not perfect, but in no way warped, which is impressive considering one side is swanson paper backer only.

MikePro

idk, i'm just sayin' what i saw and i didn't get "sign grade" mdf and i'm sure most people don't when they're slapping sets together either. everyone knows that you don't expect much outta untreated mdf in wet environments.

JamesLam

There are lots of makers on Kijiji and Craigslist that make these. Grab the boards from them and add your vinyl.

JBurton

Signtologist
idk, i'm just sayin' what i saw and i didn't get "sign grade" mdf and i'm sure most people don't when they're slapping sets together either. everyone knows that you don't expect much outta untreated mdf in wet environments.
Then it must have been MDF. MDO is a true plywood with waterproofing resins/coatings/black magic. MDF is sawdust mixed with glue and pressed into a sheet, it readily absorbs water & humidity and swells like nobody's business.

gnubler

oh i got ya, i just didn't know off the top of my head cause i just pickup as needed whatever they got :)
looked it up: its Famowood Glazecoat

My turn for cornholio decor.
I don't plan on wrapping the board, just print/lam vinyl on the face. Customer said it's varnished plywood, I haven't seen the boards yet.
Will suggest that they cover the vinyl with polyurethane or this glaze/epoxy mentioned above.
Are there any sealants that are not safe to apply over laminated vinyl?