• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Corner Cutter

Craig Perry

I'm looking for a corner cutter for alupanel, something to put on a say 15mm radius, can anybody suggest where id find such a thing.. ill follow up any leads however hopefully a fellow Aussie has some local ones :Cool 2:

trakers

I'll second on the Accu-Cutter. I looked seemingly forever and finally bought a POS Lassco, then unloaded it on Fleabay. It was a cheap piece of junk, well it wasn't cheap in cost >$150, but in construction.

The Accu-Cutter we got was this one:
http://www.accucutter.com/Cmate 040.htm

It is very well made, machined aluminum. The only real issue I have with it is the "throat" is of limited height, presumably to keep morons from trying to cut 1/4" steel. However, I am a big boy and it irks me that I can't cut corners on Coroplast because it won't fit in and it comes so close. It could also benefit from some sort of attachment for the die, every time I pick it up the die falls out.

On PVC, Polymetal, aluminum it does a good job though. Heck we even use it on photo paper now and again. We went with the 1" radius.

We purchased directly from the manufacturer and paid a hair over two bills.

DTFuqua

I can't remember the real name of it ( arbor press?)but we used to use a small bench top press that worked on a lever system to notch pipe for roll cages a few years back.

Craig Perry

cool, thanks for the feedback, ill chase em up, had to get something out the door fast so i ended up making a jig and using a hand router, worked bloody well actually...

Attachments

• jig.jpg
    jig.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 111

Craig Perry

just bought the accucutter, from local importer, brilliant, works extremely well.... recommend to anyone (no, i'm not getting a kickback for a plug ;) )

Dave Drane

Hi Craig, Who did you buy it from? With the $Au value against the greenback I would like to buy one too. Thanks for any info..

S'N'S

Craig, does the one you bought have different dies to cut different radius corners.
Cheers Gary

Craig Perry

hey lads, bought from O'brian Engineering, Medowbank, NSW, 02 9808 3340.

Cornermate Plus
http://nameplates.com.au/log.php?p=Corner Cutters and Dies

purchased with the 1/2" round corner die for now.. you can get different ones.. the die was almost twice as the press itself.. i know for a fact this thing will pay for itself in no time, signs look much more professional..

I just wish i bought this thing years ago.. now im sounding like some sales guy...

Dave Drane

Thank you very much Craig. It was under my nose all the time, as I already have an account with O'Briens due to the engraving side of my business. Thanks for sharing mate!!