• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Corner not symmetric on a rectangle using corner rounding tool

raider

I've seen discussions about corner rounding tool but anyone know why sometimes you simply can't draw a rectangle with the shape drawing tool, go to Design Central and click on the rounding option and get an even, symmetrical corner in FlexiPro Cloud v11?

raider

Maybe found the answer. Have to make sure the corner rounding option is set to "Regular" BEFORE you draw the rectangular. After drawing the rectangular, then select "Rounded" and set the radius.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Maybe found the answer. Have to make sure the corner rounding option is set to "Regular" BEFORE you draw the rectangular. After drawing the rectangular, then select "Rounded" and set the radius.

When you initially construct a rectangle with round corners specified, the corners are circular. But if you resize that rectangle by dragging its control points via the first tab on the Design Central dialog, as you would any other object, then the round corners will distort right along with the rectangle. There's not a whole hell of a lot you can do about it at that point.

If you create a rectangle that's ultimately going to have round corners, first create it with square corners, then either get it to be whatever size it's going to be and then round the corners or select the third tab on the Design Central dialog and resize it with the rectangle object control points. Neither way is particularly satisfying but that's pretty much what you have.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
I think he is just asking specifically about Flexi. Actually Illustrator, Corel, and Flexi can all do this just fine.

In Flexi when you initially make your rectangle it does it perfect but once you select something else then try to go back to the rectangle/square and just select it, grab a side and try resizing it then it will distort the rounded corners. To make sure this does not happen, when you select a rectangle with rounded corners, then you must now select the rectangle tool pallet (I always have the design central pallet open on screen). Once you have done this then the control anchors on the rectangle change and you can change its shape/size without any distortion of the corners. The attached shows what I am talking about. You have to also do this with text and when trying to edit certain other things - you have to select whatever it is then click on the correct tool for editing whatever it is.

No idea how it works in Corel since I don't use that but I know it also does it just fine. In Illustrator you do NOT want to use the round corners function of the rectangle tool itself or you will have the same problem. In Illustrator make your rectangle with normal square corners then with the rectangle selected go to the top menus>Effects>Stylize>Round Corners and set the corner radius you want. When the rounded corners are applied and an "effect" they will not distort when your later try to resize or scale the rectangle.

This is what you want select in Flexi after you select the rectangle....

Attachments

• rect.jpg
    rect.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 182

raider

THANKS! WORKS PERFECT! Such a simple solution and explains why sometimes I could resize rectangle and not distort the corners! Very appreciative!:rock-n-roll: