• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Corner Rounder question

signage

The thread on "corner rounder wanted" made me think if you got blanks of aluminum with HIP Type III/IV diamond grade reflective. Will a corner rounder punch/cut both cleanly?
We all know that have worked with this reflective it isn't easily cut!

Ohio Sign Shop

radius corners

I get the blanks from Grimco with radius corners already cut. Save wear and tear on my corner rounder die which is designed more for PVC and Gator.

letterman7

And yet nobody actually answered his question. I don't have a corner rounder, but I do use a lot of the DG3 material. That said, my press punch for holes cuts cleanly through .080 with DG3 on top. Take note that the vinyl will slightly discolor around the hole (or corner). So... will a corner rounder work? I would say yes, but keep the cutting edges clean of the adhesive. Highway signage has to be cut somehow :)

jfiscus

Rap Master
Remember: ANY time you cut 3M Diamond Grade you have to use edge-seal around the cut edges, or they will discolor.