• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Corner Rounder

We have been contemplating buying a corner/rounder to use most on dibond signs. Many of the companies we research will not say specifically if theres will cut that type of material. What do you guys use???

John L

It's somewhat slower but you might want to consider just using a hand router, bushing, and a plywood template of the radius you want (slightly offset for use of the bushing).

This might help... http://www.newwoodworker.com/guidebush.html

You can get the bushings at most any Home Depot or Lowes tool department.

We have a very good bit for cutting Dibond here with our cnc machines but I can't remember if it is an upspiral or straight bit. Both are also available at the Depot.

chopper

I cut the dibond on mine also with out issue, mags and .060 aluminum, just about anything that will fit in the thing I have cut.
mine is an accucutter check it out at www.accucutter.com look under corner mate in the menu to the left, there are three different models
//chopper

chopper

which ever one you buy, it is a tool that you will use on a lot of your jobs,
spend a few bucks and get a good one, and one heavy duty enough for what you will use it for.
//chopper

ABPGraphics

I think any sign that can fit in the corner rounder looks BETTER!!!!!! I would not be without one.....I have rounded up to .080 alum.....probally not recommended though

trakers

The throat size is too small. Like I've said before polymetal just barely fits in it and you have to be very careful to avoid scratches. Coro will not fit or anything much larger than 3mm. It is just irritating to have this wonderful machine and not be able to use it on more materials. I think I can modify it to make it larger, but I haven't had time to try.

The die needs to have some sort of fastening device. Almost everytime I pick it up I forget that and the die falls out.

If you take your time to properly seat the material it does a heck of a job though. I have the 1" radius die which is great for larger signs. That large of radius looks a bit odd on something like a 12x24 magnetic, but no one has complained yet.

But like I said, I am real glad I have it and it is 1000% better than that Lassco we paid $150 for. It was built like a thin, tin cigar box with a plastic top. The accucutter is made from a piece of extruded aluminum that has been machined as well as the other machined parts that make up the balance of the machine.

On the accucutter is the cm40a heavy enough for 4 ml dibond? And magnetic sheeting?
Trakkers, what annoyances do you have with it?

BobM

CM40A. Does a beautiful job on any substrate you can fit in it, including but not recommended, .080 aluminum. Use it with respect and you have a tool that will last a lifetime.