• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Corner rounder

Git-R-Done

With all of the infinite wisdom here at Signs101, I was hoping someone would have a solution for my current situation. I have one repeat customer that orders weird aluminum sign blanks every week and needs them NOW. I want to be able to just cut myself and finish the corners without having to order customer sized. The Lassco model-60 is the only one I can find to handle .080 aluminum. Now I do not mean to sound cheap, but I do not want to spend $700 bucks on the thing. is there an alternative to this? What do you guys use. If the quantity ordered picks up from this customer then I could justify the expense. Right now it is just to keep them coming back. The turnaround time is just killing me right now.
:thankyou: :signs101: ,:U Rock:

ssanchez

How about buying a radial template like the architechts use, mark them and jig saw them then finish with some light sanding? Just an idea

Gino

Premium Subscriber
How many at a time ??

We many times just sand them with a belt sander or our disc sander. Up to .080 aluminum sands like nothing and fast, too.

If you want to cut down on time, grind them first and then sand.

Checkers

It sounds like you need to ask your clients to stop running your business!
If this guy is ordering enough of these signs on a regular basis, it's time to talk with thim and negotiate to get him to commit to a contract quantity and price. This will afford you the opportunity to either buy the corner rounder, be able to stock what you need.
I use tin snips and a file on .080" aluminum. A belt sander would work too. If the design has a border, like a No Parking sign, I design the radius corner into the design, apply the vinyl and use that as my template.

Checkers

The accucutter is workhorse. The inital investment, like anything else, takes away from profit - but it lasts forever AND will make the work soooooo much easier.

GitRdone - noticed that you are into "birds". Don't know if you do any trap, but it is the difference between hand-tossing the clays or using the machine.

GregT

Like maddmd mentioned Accucutter is a very good tool to have around the shop. Initially a bit costly but it will soon pay for itself. We round corners on aluminum, komatex, coroplast, etc. just about anything that will fit into the die.

baxter gamble

I also had a need for special sizes and hated the cornering process. The Accutter is sure spendy and I held off for a long time. Finally broke down and spent the big $$. I have to tell you, it's one of the best investments I've made. I also searched high and low to find and alternative with no luck.