• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Coro on a router

letterman7

Did we cover this somewhere? I did a search but didn't turn up much. Has anyone been able to cut 3mm coro on a router and not have to deal with the fuzzies on the edge? I've got a bunch of shapes to do and I'd rather not deal with trying to clean the edges. I thought I had read somewhere someone had rigged a knife to act as a drag knife without turning on the spindle?

R

SebastienL

The oscillating knife you talk about is an option on some routers. There is no way to get a clean edge with a rotating bit on coro. What I usually do is cut a template out of plexi on the router and use that to cut the coro with a knife.

Hope this is helpfull!
:toasting:

FatCat

I think a cutawl would be your best bet - have used mine like that and it works good on coro.

letterman7

That's what I thought. Maybe it was the reciprocating knife I had read about...
I've got several different shapes to cut and I hate the thought of using a cutawl or jigsaw to do these.. just a pain to do. Thanks for the suggestions, guys!

nwsigns

Its been a while but I tried lots of bits and the best was a straight 2 flute in climb mode - got very clean edges.

letterman7

Never thought about a straight flute - I'll have to try that. Been experimenting with the spiral upcuts. A laser would be useful if I had enough to sub out - I don't at this point. There's less than 20 that I need to do. Same thing with a die - they're all different, so the investment wouldn't be worth it.

I'll be trying the Onsrud bits next week, though! Thanks, guys!