• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Coro-Plane Wednesday update.

SignManiac

Today is the first day she has seen the light of day. Getting out the door posed no problem at all. Passed the nose first impact test as shown in the last photo. Actually we had to turn it upside down to wrap the underneath side of the wings. On the scales, it weighs 163 lbs as is.

We still have to build two more 3' wingtip extensions for the ailerons. Then we start hooking up the wire connections to the control surfaces. Everything is really strong now. We're trying to find a nearby place large enough for the first tow test. We might be able to use the airport that's about five miles away. It won't be long now.

A local newspaper sent a reporter out yesterday for a first come, first serve, exclusive interview. Should be a great story in next weeks paper!

Yes we already know we are crazy. Can't wait to see it fly or crash. Either way it will be fun :) I told my business partner who's flying it to make sure the life insurance policy is up to date.

Attachments

• CIMG2911.JPG
    CIMG2911.JPG
    62.7 KB · Views: 160
  • CIMG2912.JPG
    CIMG2912.JPG
    55.2 KB · Views: 135
  • CIMG2913.JPG
    CIMG2913.JPG
    55.2 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:

SignManiac

I hope not. The brown would show up really well against the white.

Forgot to add, the CG is nearly perfect right now.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Would you mind telling me where you are getting your Cor-X screws and fasteners ??

I want to build a tank and I need to figure out a way to hook it together. Right now we're depending on Sally's Nail Glue'.

Cor-X tank.jpg

skyhigh

someone is actually flying this thing? I thought it was going to be an RC type of thing.
You CRAZY maniac!!!! I guess your the maniac.....its your partner thats the crazy part. :ROFLMAO:

vid

someone is actually flying this thing? I thought it was going to be an RC type of thing.
You CRAZY maniac!!!! I guess your the maniac.....its your partner thats the crazy part. :ROFLMAO:

I'm thinking he's the smart one. Can you imagine the how many times the poor guy on the ground will have to wind the rubber band on the propeller just to get it off the ground... :doh:

Craig Sjoquist

Must this is getting real interesting, lets see almost complete, controls and few odd stuff to finish a motor to mount in, then testing great this will be good, it does look flyable more so with the engine.... but my concern now is heat from engine.. do you have that solved ???

ProWraps

id look at the corsair black devil motor over that one. that mz 34, a revamped mz313 is heavy and doesnt put out much more hp than the black devil. not to mention the black devil is a much more reliable engine.

we deal with both these engines in our PPGs.

http://www.aerocorsair.com/id109.htm

you can find new and used black devils all day long online (paratoys.com's classifieds), for a very reasonable price.

heat wont be an issue as the prop wash will be more than enough to keep everything behind it cool. i would be very interested to see how you will tie the engine mounts into the fuse.