Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coro stakes 36" tall 5/16" rod

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by klemgraphics, Apr 20, 2010.

1. klemgraphics

klemgraphics Active Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Midwest
    Looking for some coro stakes made from 5/16" stock, customer says that the current ones that they have are 36" tall. I can't find anything like that, but maybe I don't know where to look either.

Tags:
  2. digitalwoodshop

digitalwoodshop Member

Apr 9, 2008
    www. Grimco .Com

3. klemgraphics

Jan 13, 2008
    Midwest
    Looked at grimco but what he says he has are a 5/16 H stake, the only thing grimco shows in a 5/16 is the premier which is only 27" tall.

If it were up to me these would be just fine, but the major PITA customer insists that they need to be taller because they look sooooooo much better...all the while I'm thinking...whatever, your an idiot and these are just coro signs, and you gripe about price the way it is even though your a lawyer.

Ok done ranting, been one of them weeks so far.

4. jscarl

jscarl Very Active Member

Apr 21, 2003
    Google in Ver-Mac Industries. They make them

5. klemgraphics

Jan 13, 2008
    Midwest
    They don't have any that tall on the website, maybe I should call to find out?

6. G-Artist

G-Artist Active Member

Jan 25, 2010
    You can make them yourself to get the height. We did that for years.

All those wire stakes are is concrete block ladder material. The original patent by Parker shows that in the application.

The ladder material comes in 10' lengths, generally. Get the stuff with the least amount of galvanization you can so they will slide into the flutes easily. Cut with a bolt cutter. Do not cut with a grinder-type wheel as that will leave a terrible burr.