• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Coroplast Edging

acothran

I have searched for a product that will cover the edges of Coroplast and haven't had much luck. I have seen the Alumacor end caps in the Grimco catalog and I'm wondering if there is something similar for Coroplast? Either something like that or possible a rubber type edging. I just had a customer ask and didn't have luck finding anything. Thanks.

Allen

32bantum

I have searched for a product that will cover the edges of Coroplast and haven't had much luck. I have seen the Alumacor end caps in the Grimco catalog and I'm wondering if there is something similar for Coroplast? Either something like that or possible a rubber type edging. I just had a customer ask and didn't have luck finding anything. Thanks.

Allen
I'm nor sure exactly why wou wouln need to or want to protect the edges.. That being said.. Lowes has a plastic material that is in the moulding and trim section that is made of plastic that sould slide over the edges of the coroplast. I used it in a bathroom I remodeled on the top of the panel I used above the shower. Might take a look at that.

mark in tx

I have searched for a product that will cover the edges of Coroplast and haven't had much luck

Maybe because coro is so cheap, it's not intended to be dressed up like that.

Lipstick on a pig.

If you figure in the cost of the time you have spent looking to do this for a customer, I'm betting it would equal or better the cost of using a better substrate that has edging material made for it.

This is a good chance for an upsell.

Tony McD

If you're doing a lot of them, I've used this edging before.
http://www.proedgesystems.com/products.php?sub=4
Seems like they also have or had a rubber type edging.

You won't want to spend much on dressing up coro.
If it's outdoor stuff, you will need a glue to keep it on.
It this is like trade show stuff...try to upsell them to pvc.
Costs a bit more, but would take more abuse, and no edging needed.

Steve Werner

Try DME LLC, they distribute the edge trim material. It's available in 8' and custom cut lengths. Owner is named Dennis Milliacca. 414-704-0159

acothran

Thanks for the replies. I do realize that it is like "polishing a turd" and maybe makes no sense but a customer asked and I was trying to find an answer. I'll be the first to admit that I'm new to the industry but if a customer wants to buy a product to "dress up" a coro sign, I'm smart enough to not make them feel stupid and find an answer. I'll either upsell to a nicer substrate or find a solution, sell it to them, make them happy and me profit.

John L

I have a local business here that has one up we installed about 12 years ago. It still says "coming soon".