Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coroplast/Foamboard Cutter

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by mike59413, Jul 8, 2010.

1. mike59413

mike59413 New Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Hi, im building A table and I want to build a coroplast cutter, so that I can mount the cutter to my table, does anyone have any suggestions as far as which cutter to base my design off of? and I was also wondering if anyone knew of a method of applying vinyl to both sides of a sheet of coroplast at the same time? how would i go about doing that.
    thanks again!

Tags:
  2. Mosh

Mosh Major Contributor

Oct 19, 2009
    Nerbaska
    buy one!

3. RycckG

RycckG Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    Look at the tables made by Esko/Kongsberg or Gerber . Both use tangentally controlled reciprocating or ultrasonic knives. Not what thickness you are needing to cut. They both have vacuum tables also, which I would highly recomend...

4. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Welcome from PA..............................................

5. mike59413

mike59413 New Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Thank you for your advice, I guess I didn't have something that hi tech in mind, right now im using a manual coroplast cutter, which works fine when your cutting one direction, and I have just been using a ruler and a box knife for the opposite way, kinda like this: http://www.factory-express.com/Pape...ster_Sabre_60_General_Purpose_Cutter-8450.htm except I need to be able to lift the cutter up, so I can lock the surface in place.

6. Jet Fast Printing

Jet Fast Printing Member

Sep 22, 2009
    I know it's not what you are asking for, but this is what we use. (3100 Model) Fletcher Cutter Not cheap, but worth EVERY penny. Something to think about for the future. Maybe you can find one used.

7. FatCat

FatCat Very Active Member

Feb 12, 2007
    Columbus, Ohio