• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

coroplast is it possible?

signrios

i was approached by a client who wants 3 4x8' sheets to go over a concrete wall, the landlord does not want holes in the wall.
would any adhesive (gorilla glue) hold the coro in place?
or screws is the only way to go?:help
:wine-smi:

Circleville Signs

Ummm...let me get this straight - the landlord doesn't want holes in the wall - so you're going to gorilla glue coro there instead - and when it needs to come down, there will be MASSIVE chunks of wall/drywall missing...

Interesting....

SignosaurusRex

i was approached by a client who wants 3 4x8' sheets to go over a concrete wall, the landlord does not want holes in the wall.
would any adhesive (gorilla glue) hold the coro in place?
or screws is the only way to go?:help
:wine-smi:

Sounds like another project for direct painting on the wall. Even if its short term.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Fast setting silicone should work and would come off at removal time with no real damage to the wall, might damage the paint a little.

wayne k
guam usa

Rose Sign

We used to use a stuff called Poly Seam Seal when i worked at a granite shop. We would glue undermount sinks with it and glue backsplash to drywall. Hardens up, but comes off easy and holds up better than silicone.

artbot

permanent double sided adhesive? i've been using it lately on my large installs. it will rip the wood out of plywood if removed quickly but come off relatively well if pulled slowly. great tensile and shear strength but poor peel strength i guess.

DRamm76

Why not try Permovable. It will spider crack right into the concrete and give you either long term or short term durability depending on which film you choose. When you want to take it off, you'll simply need an application tape and a wire brush...

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I would imagine the small type of screws needed to put this temporary sign up would hardly leave any visible holes in the concrete when removed. If the wall was built correctly... the screws will not interfere with the integrity of the wall strength. In your quote, tell them you will be responsible for taking the sign down when they are finished using it and you will take care of making the holes disappear.

Put enough in your quote to do this and all should be happy.

However, direct painting would be the method of choice.

signrios

thanks for all the help guys, the landlord agreed to let us use screws for the install,
the building already has channel letters and cut out wood letters, so they had to use screws, that was my argument and we won!!
she wouldn't let use screws cause' some other company used nails with the lead head and they are a bitch to come off.