• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Coroplast life outdoors?

CentralSigns

I hardly know what I'm doing but know enough that coro would be a cheap looking option for that application. With that sort of thinking, I'm surprised they don't offer to screenprint old blue tarps.

My competition does that as well. On orange and blue. I think he charges $2 per square foot. What a loser.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I think the jury is still out on exterior life of coro but I do know that there is another member here that is about to start some high impact tests with coro.
Something about forming it into the shape of a plane, duct taping on an engine & then dropping it out of the sky.......

wayne k
guam usa

G-Artist

hmmmm.....I think I'll undercut the whole monument industry by putting up a website selling cor-x headstones and grave markers.

"Coro-headstones, for when you just don't care"

Go for it!!!

If nothing else, you could sell them as Halloween decor.

I've been running some tests, the color seems to matter. Yellow holds up a year ok, other colors especially red not so much.

There are some construction jobs or temporary sites that don't need product to last over a year.

Anyone know how much longer the life is with lamination?

Attachments

• red ink coro fading.jpg
    red ink coro fading.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 77

Pat Whatley

4MM Coro with vinyl lettering....about a year before the coro is brittle and flaking. Two years and there won't be much left.

I have to admit that I've done several temporary backlit faces like that over the years.

Another thing to consider would be the material cost. Maybe it's different where you are but I buy aluminum composite material cheaper than 10mm coro.

Last edited:

johnnysigns

We screen or print direct on 2,3,4,5 & 6mm Coro all the time, but it is manufactured with more UV inhibitors in it. I've seen them last with printing on the 5-6mm stuff for upwards of 8yrs. They do not get 100% sun exposure. They are outdoors 365 days a year though.