• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Coroplast Sign Stake Options

Stacey K

I like making signs
The school district wants 200 yard signs but they don't like the metal sign stakes. I've never used anything else except the metal economy or heavy duty.

Has anyone used the spider stakes and do they last longer? They complain the metal ones bend too much.

weyandsign

The spider stakes look a lot nicer. 18x24 will work with the spider stakes but if it's windy they do lean. They have shorter metal rods. Short signs like 14"H or less work great with spider stakes. Maybe get a couple and let them decide which ones they want.

Billct2

Spider stakes look nice but in my experience aren't sturdy enough for 18x24s that are out any length of time. If clients want something to hold up better I recommend the heavy duty metal stakes

garyroy

The wire stakes are pretty good if you gently hammer them in along the cross bar.
Putting a foot in the middle and just pressing will bend them up.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
My feeling is this, they're buying the least expensive way to make a sign, so there aren't many options for cheap stands. I never knew there were as many styles as Gene pointed out in his video. I think if they want sturdier, they should double up the 10 x 30's

Stacey K

I like making signs
Once I sent them the price they decided to go with the economy. I did tell them at the cheaper price point they can buy a few extra and replace if needed. They agreed. I think I'm going to order some spider stakes just to try out!

gnubler

In my area the H-stakes can be really difficult to stick in to the ground, especially along roadsides. I've seen some of my signs end up rigged with rebar pounded into the ground and the stakes wired to the rebar.

JBurton

Signtologist
Firesprint put out a lengthy video on stand options a while back. I never finished watching it.

I love these guys, but I'd slap my vendor if he started a 20 minute conversation on wire stakes. Though I imagine it's great for firesprint to share that with even the most inquisitive of sign orderers and not be bothered with discussing it all over again.

Tracy Davis

The school district wants 200 yard signs but they don't like the metal sign stakes. I've never used anything else except the metal economy or heavy duty.

Has anyone used the spider stakes and do they last longer? They complain the metal ones bend too much.
National sign supply have an alternative that my customers prefer

Mike Paul

Super Active Member

The cheap stakes do flex but work…
they can always upgrade to the 1/4 in. base stakes for a little more money

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
I love these guys, but I'd slap my vendor if he started a 20 minute conversation on wire stakes. Though I imagine it's great for firesprint to share that with even the most inquisitive of sign orderers and not be bothered with discussing it all over again.

Haha yeah you can watch it faster or just skip to the parts you need. We wanted to put a really complete list of options out there. Someday we’ll break it down into shorts for those with limited time or limited attention spans! :clapping: