Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. ChicagoGraphics

ChicagoGraphics Major Contributor

Feb 27, 2007
    World
    Does anyone know what a good price for each blank would be on 23,000 pieces of 24"x18" white coroplast

Tags:
  2. Sindex Printing

Sindex Printing Member

Nov 17, 2018
    Sparks
  3. Christian @ 2CT Media

Christian @ 2CT Media Major Contributor

Jun 15, 2009
    Mesa, Arizona
    Blanks we pay like $0.78/ea for a pallet... Which you are well over at about 9 pallets worth.

4. ChicagoGraphics

Feb 27, 2007
    World
    I guess I got a good quote then, its almost 21 skids with 1100 on each one

5. Christian @ 2CT Media

Jun 15, 2009
    Mesa, Arizona
    Are yours 4x4 pallets? We get 4x8 with 2700/ea

6. FireSprint.com

FireSprint.com Wholesale Screen & Digital Sign Printing

The question is what are you going to do with them?

Generally, if we're running a job that large, we run it on 48x36" sheets and shear it down (Screen) or 49x98" sheets (Digital).

You should be able to buy that all day long for mid to high seventies. Let me know if you can't find it. We can help. gene at firesprint dot com

• Like Like x 1
  7. ChicagoGraphics

Feb 27, 2007
    World
    I`m thinking of opening a new business selling pallets of coroplast & aluminium composit panels and other sign materials that are not either used or hard to get in the US. Im in the process on figuring out the logistics now on the best way to ship to the end user while offering free shipping. My next step will be getting a merchant membership on Signs101

• Like Like x 1
  8. FireSprint.com

Like going head to head with Grimco? ...This will be challenging, they are HUGE.

Still, I would love to hear your ideas on this. Feel free to email me to discuss.

9. jfiscus

jfiscus Map Wraster

Apr 2, 2009
    Cincinnati, OH
    The problem with competing with Grimco is that they will discount their product and even lose money to put a competitor out of business.
    Once the competitor is gone/absorbed the price raises for everyone.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Christian @ 2CT Media

Jun 15, 2009
    Mesa, Arizona
    Grimco is so wishy-washy on their pricing and policies, I don't know how any business can rely on them.

But in your case, it would be nice to have more vendors who offer oversized materials like 50x98 coro or acp.

• Like Like x 1
  11. FireSprint.com

Yes, we try to buy from them but have found the same issue. Very inconsistent. I think the decisions are made top down with little feedback from Frontline sales people.

12. Zach Starr

Zach Starr Head of Printing Operations

Nov 9, 2018
    Santa Ana, CA
    Yes, Grimco material is not very consistent, trying finding a local supplier that buys directly from the brand coroplast, they should have dealers around your area. That way you will be able to find the best quality coro.

13. ChicagoGraphics

Feb 27, 2007
    World
    As the old saying goes...

"The bigger they are, the harder they fall"

I'm always up for a good challenge!

14. netsol

netsol Active Member

Apr 26, 2016
    spotswood, nj

i think the biggest problem is grimco has 48 locations. local to everyone.
    even a logistics company like worldwide can give you discounted rate for ups/fedex/freight
    but they still take a hefty bite.

my largest client has 70 tractor trailers/day in & discounted rates going out through logistics companies, but they are only 30% cheaper than what i can pay(and, by comparison, I SHIP NOTHING)

15. ChicagoGraphics

Feb 27, 2007
    World
    But for how long you think they do that for?

16. Jeremiah

Jeremiah Member

May 7, 2019
    Wisconsin
    I have to admit that I did something like that . I set up my kid with t shirts in a fair booth. Big booth 10.00 -12.00 shirts. Over 1000 shirts in the booth. Sales were great. Then another guy who was watching our sales. Opened up a 100 shirt booth across from us. 8.00 for "seconds" printed. I made a banner 2 for 12.00 . It took 4 hours and the guy who was selling seconds cried Uncle. Closed up and left. I would only do that at a fair. I never lower our prices on signs in our shop. I might throw something in with the deal, but never lower my prices at the shop. Customers who are business owners usually know quality vs cheap junk

17. FireSprint.com

Well I'm cheering for you! Let me know how we can help!

18. jfiscus

jfiscus Map Wraster

Apr 2, 2009
    Cincinnati, OH
    Till the competition is absorbed/closed if its worth it to them. They want ALL your business.