• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Corp Logo and their use - where to find

mrfern

I have a corp sponsorship for a SoCal race who gave us money to make decals for a race car. The sponsor approved the use of their logo and gave us a sponsor check. Question is where do we get the logo for the sponsor. I can create it since it is AAA Automotive of SoCal but wondered if there was a good resource for these logos. I have checked their web site for media and press but did not find a pdf or material for use. I have emailed the media division but have not got an answer back. Any thoughts or links would be great.

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
as always make sure you check the art carefully. Remember these are not always official logos here. I have seen plenty of horrible vector versions on every one of those free sites listed

Joe Diaz

as always make sure you check the art carefully. Remember these are not always official logos here. I have seen plenty of horrible vector versions on every one of those free sites listed

No doubt. I'd like to meet the guy that does some of their "tracing" and sock him in the nose. (if he's smaller than me that is :Big Laugh)

One of those sites "traced" 2 of our logos (that I know of), without our permission, and butchered the layout. It was bad.

It still blows my mind how some companies don't have their own vector logos to provide, but these sites do. :Big Laugh

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
No doubt. I'd like to meet the guy that does some of their "tracing" and sock him in the nose. (if he's smaller than me that is :Big Laugh)

One of those sites "traced" 2 of our logos (that I know of), without our permission, and butchered the layout. It was bad.

It still blows my mind how some companies don't have their own vector logos to provide, but these sites do. :Big Laugh

I have gone to corporate sites looking for clearer art or embedded pdfs and even at that companies' site the vector is not clear at all. In some cases I think the designer of the brochure or annual report tried to autotrace it or recreated it poorly thinking it was no big deal since it is being viewed so small on a printed piece

phototec

I use a clever trick

Question is where do we get the logo for the sponsor.

I use a clever trick, visiting any corporate web site and down-load almost any PDF brochure or collateral, open it up in AI, and bingo, you can capture their logo as a full function scalable logo.

Here is an example, go to:

http://www.ford.com/brochures/#top

Select the 2010 Super Duty from the pull down menu, download the PDF brochure, save to your hard drive, open the PDF file using Illustrator, when you get the prompt to select a page, select the last page (#26), open the file.

You will see the small Ford logo at the bottom of the page, zoom in on the Ford logo, now change the VIEW to OUTLINE, this just makes it easier to select the logo without the rectangle blue background, after selecting all the components for just the oval Ford logo, copy the logo (control C), open a new art-board in Illustrator, past the copied Ford logo (control V).

Now you have the small fully scalable oval Ford logo pasted into your new art-board, select all components of the logo and using the SCALE tool, enlarge the logo 3000%.

Now you have an almost 10" wide, very crisp fully scalable oval ford logo ready for your sign or banner (attached PDF)!

Attachments

• Ford Logo copy.jpg
    Ford Logo copy.jpg
    188.4 KB · Views: 129
  • Ford Logo.pdf
    268.9 KB · Views: 130

J Hill Designs

yep i always google something then add filetype:pdf and it finds all pdfs containing that something...good place to find corp. logo stuffs