• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Corridor Blade Sign Bracket

armandolo

Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to find this bracket for corridor blade or flag sign but cant locate it anywhere. Anyone knows what this is or where i may find it? Dimensions don't have to be exact. Just the style with that internal notch to hold a 1/4 blade.

bracket1.jpg
bracket2.jpg

visual800

are those new plans? if so some dumbass architect just doesnt keep up with the newest sign dtuff make a call and tell them of the updated stuff they can get

armandolo

yea they are actually speced for both UCSF and Kaiser. Yet nowhere they mention a fabricator, supplier or anything. Interesting thing is that there is a notch inside to keep the sign from falling.

CanuckSigns

we just make our own by sandwiching the acrylic between two 1"x.5" aluminum angles
This is usually my go to as well, but it looks like this unicorn of a bracket has a slot that fits into a grove in the sign, and a set screw on the back to eliminate all visible fasteners.

If you got this job from an architect, kick it back to them and tell them you have never seen this bracket before and neither has an entire web forum of sign professionals, if they spec'd it they in theory should know who makes it (hint, they wont) tell them that you can either get a custom bracket prototyped and machined for a few thousand dollars, or they can pick something that exists on this mortal plain.

DL Signs

Never go against the family
You have the profile drawings and dimensions... If they'll only accept a match, is it something you could have 3D printed?

JBurton

Signtologist
This is usually my go to as well, but it looks like this unicorn of a bracket has a slot that fits into a grove in the sign, and a set screw on the back to eliminate all visible fasteners.
Shy of the 4 mounting holes going through the back plate into the wall.

JBurton

Signtologist
corridor_brackets.jpg

Best match I've seen, but it's from a google search, direction to johnson plastics, and is nowhere to be found on their actual site. They do offer a hidden fastener option though:
Uncertain how you keep bracket A from sliding out of bracket B when in a vertical configuration, but if you're a sign guy worth your salt, you'll rig something appropriate!

armandolo

thank you everyone. But no one knows. The architect or the owner don't even know yet they have those exact brackets on campus. Maybe its something old that's not made anymore.

signbrad

Our company fabricates many of the brackets we use for corridor signs, sometimes by the hundreds. Often, a simple piece of channel aluminum mated to a flat mounting plate works just fine and can be manufactured cheaply in quantity.
We don't worry too much about hiding fasteners. A decent-looking fastener rarely detracts from a sign installation.

Sometimes called a "binding screw," this fastener is available in an incredible variety of configurations, lengths and finishes. It can pinch a "blade" sign in a bracket. This type of screw is commonly used for attaching handles to knife and saw blades. They are also common in leatherwork.
31EVR5rkJyL._SL500_.jpg

Brad in Kansas City