• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Corrugated Cardboard

njohnston

I've got a Mutoh Hybrid 1608. Prints great on foamcore and corex but I'd like a corrugated cardboard solution. I want the stuff you see at the movie theater. you know the big displays with the cut to shape actors.

It's like a nice sturdy corrugated cardboard with a nice white top coat for printing. Where does that stuff come from? I want to print on it.

TrustMoore_TN

Sign & Graphics Business Consultant
I was looking for this stuff forever and finally tracked it down. Its called 250ect B flute Kemi white. Kemi White board is a corrugated cardboard with a bright white face used alot in POP displays like you see in the supermarket and other retailers. There are different variations but what I have is about 1/8" thick. It prints great and we use our cutter/router with a reciprocating blade to contour cut it. No flaking on the inks. The good thing about it is that it's cheap, but unless you can find a substrate distributor that stocks it, you have to purchase alot of it at once. You'll have to go to a corrugated board manufacturer. I bought 250 sheets (that was the minimum) of 60"x120" and it was cheaper than any other substrate out there, about $0.12 a square foot or around $6.00 a sheet.