• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cost of running 8600-160?

michsanford

So we have had our 64" 8600 for about 2 years now, and I just realized that our estimating people never set it up in their quoting system. I am not really sure how they have been pricing jobs on this machine up to this point..haha

Anyways,
I know when we have purchased equipment in the past, we were given a "general cost" to charge customers per foot, material, etc.

Does anyone have any advice on how to find this info for the machine?

euronymous

..? How much material are you gonna use>? There you go, estimate done. Unless you're looking to find out exactly how much energy it draws during a job @ $X per KW/H then I don't think it gets any more complicated than the size of the job and how efficient you are at setting up your files to minimize waste.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
With the 8600 you want to price per sq foot of the material and not based on the machine since the only consumable is the blade on the machine.

Christian @ 2CT Media

With the 8600 you want to price per sq foot of the material and not based on the machine since the only consumable is the blade on the machine.
This isn't entirely true and it all depends on the business of what makes the most sense to them. There is also machine depreciation, repairs and maintenance, energy costs, labor time, and throughput. These can all be dumbed down to an arbitrary number and not worried about or you can nuts and bolts it to where and when you make the most money.

For our Summa we charge $25/hr of machine time on top of goods and and other cost factors. This $25/hr includes everything except for energy costs, simply because that is wrapped in to our shop rate.