• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cost per Square Foot

cssamerican

What is the ink cost on a 260 latex machine? How does this compare to eco-solvent machines like the Mimaki JV33, Mutoh Valuejet, Epson, or a Roland?

OldPaint

start with the price of a cart of ink, put it in the machine, keep track of how many feet the machine prints when its empty)))))divide that into the cost of the cart. walla........................note: not all machines or carts will give you the same answer)))))))

cssamerican

While the sarcasm is funny it isn't what I am looking for...I know every design uses a different amount of ink and it is impossible to give an exact price but averages are okay especially how the HP relates to the others. I was looking for something like: a full color design is usually somewhere between .40 to .50 a square, or it's about 50% higher than solvent machines. Just some general idea is what I was after. I thought I would get an honest answer here as oppose to asking the HP salesman :smile:

Biker Scout

Fine... it's going to run you between .26¢ - .32¢ per sq. ft. (Don't forget to add in the additional draw from your power meter because of the extra heat the machine needs to cure the inks)

To cover 1 sq ft it takes anywhere between 0.9ml – 1.5ml of ink. So, figure that out based on average cost of cartridge per ml.

Last edited:

HulkSmash

Fine... it's going to run you between .16¢ - .22¢ per sq. ft. (Don't forget to add in the additional draw from your power meter because of the extra heat the machine needs to cure the inks)

more like 30c a square.

i don't care what HP tells you it's basically the same as solvents in terms of cost.

Christian @ 2CT Media

We are averaging, $0.18/sq ft for ink, $0.12/sq ft for heads (This is a high average), and $0.17/sq ft for cleaning kits (changing the container every cycles).

We factor on $0.47/sq ft for 8 - 10 pass standard ink coverage.

Last edited:

Khalil Raime

We are averaging, $0.18/sq ft for ink, $0.12/sq ft for heads (This is a high average), and $0.17/sq ft for cleaning kits (changing the container every cycles).

We factor on $0.47/sq ft for 8 - 10 pass standard ink coverage.

Hello

Wow that is kind of high!!! Do you know if that applies to the 850 w are considering one or the vutek r3225. Any thoughts?

regards

Christian @ 2CT Media

The industrial machines are completely different... they don't use the cleaning cartridges and heads like the l series and their inks are cheaper due to quantity.