• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Could not be more dissappointed in LEXJET

jdwilliams1

Premium Subscriber
Nothing huge jumps out when I open it in Illustrator. The only slight difference I can see is in Attributes, where one has "Show Center" activated, and the other has "Don't Show Center" ticked. I believe the "Show Center" one is the one you say cuts twice. My own files appear to typically be "Don't Show Center," but that may just be by default. Without more testing all that might really tell us is that they was definitely a difference in how they were created. It looks like it should work just fine as a single cut.

Some will disagree, but I find it much easier to build my cuts in Illustrator. Are you doing it all in one of the printer/RIP programs?

saturn thanks for taking the time to help out, I will do a bit more digging on this.

jdwilliams1

Premium Subscriber
Nothing huge jumps out when I open it in Illustrator. The only slight difference I can see is in Attributes, where one has "Show Center" activated, and the other has "Don't Show Center" ticked. I believe the "Show Center" one is the one you say cuts twice. My own files appear to typically be "Don't Show Center," but that may just be by default. Without more testing all that might really tell us is that they was definitely a difference in how they were created. It looks like it should work just fine as a single cut.

Some will disagree, but I find it much easier to build my cuts in Illustrator. Are you doing it all in one of the printer/RIP programs?
Saturn I do build/design everything in Illustrator and then open them into the Onyx print software. What is strange it this is the newest issue and until I get it to stop cutting the same spot twice I cannot move on to any other trouble shooting. I appreciate your help.

Saturn

Aging Member
You could also try imposing the sheet in Illustrator, skipping doing it in Onyx. Just let the RIP/cutter add regmarks and barcodes as it prints. Hardest part is just determing the best sheet width in Illustrator—maximizing space while leaving room for regmarks.

This is what I prefer. More control. I'm usually doing things in sets of 50, and never "mix" designs, so it works well for me. I use 30" inch wide rolls a lot, so I just make my print sheets 27.35" wide in Illustrator and that's perfect once it gets to the RIP. You'll obviously have to trial and error a bit to make sure you're staying centered etc.

Just open those files as 1-ups right in the RIP/Queue and see if they cut like they're supposed to. I'd save them as PDFs from Illustrator personally, rather than anything else. That's what I did to test your files.