• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Could Use some Pricing Help in Florida

Locals Find!

I am selling 18 x24 full color direct printed coroplast signs w/ 6 x 24 full color direct printed riders installed into a Heavy Duty Plastic H-Frame.

I have priced these at $50 singles and $35 ea. minimum order of 4 complete.

Opinions Please?? and please no saying I am killing the market I haven't advertised these outside a very small network of clients yet.

SignManiac

I'm not familiar with the plastic frame you're specking out, how much do they cost you. Are these double face signs? What kind of design is going into them? What kind of service and turn around time do you expect them to be? Are these to be direct printed on 4 mil coro?

Locals Find!

They cost me $10.40 each. I get them from Grimco. They are two sided full color both signs and riders.

I wanna make sure I am not underselling myself here or if I am overpricing myself.

I don't know what the earlier comment about fishing was. I just am asking for opinions of other more experienced people. I know what I am comfortable making on these but its not good overall to sell em for what I am comfortable with. I wanna sell them for the most I can get out of them.

So should I go up or down or leave em alone.

iSign

"fishing" probably means someone thinks you might be hoping to get wholesale accounts here without paying the merchant fees...

other then that let me ask you this, what is your cost on the coro?
next question, what could you get the same size blank for in aluminum?
next... could you print aluminum with the flatbed?

my thinking is you could probably use aluminum for an extra $5.. and in the last 10 years, I've probably never sold a double face 18x24 aluminum sign (WITHOUT STAKES OR RIDER) for under $80 & usually over $100... (at least in the 4 pc. quantity range)

..so, if the market you really want to tap into is for selling cheap crap to people who want to spend the least amount of money possible... well then, you are absolutely on the right track!

(by the way, what's the monthly payment like on a flatbed??

SignManiac

Your frame cost $10.40, so double that to @ $21.00
Double face full color 18x24 @ $45-$75 depending on level of design and production method you have available. If I'm not mistaken, you're a broker and outsource your work, correct?

Rider @ $20.00 if it's simple one line on both sides.

This is what the job "should" be worth.

Before you say, they won't pay that much, I can't get that kind of money, somebody will do it cheaper, you may be correct. Simple choice, stick to your guns and get what it's worth, or let it walk. Drop your price, and you end up setting the new lowest price standard like everyone else does. Eventually, you won't be able to sell them for $10.00

Are you selling your clients on service, quality and design skills, or just on price?

Locals Find!

"fishing" probably means someone thinks you might be hoping to get wholesale accounts here without paying the merchant fees...

other then that let me ask you this, what is your cost on the coro?
next question, what could you get the same size blank for in aluminum?
next... could you print aluminum with the flatbed?

my thinking is you could probably use aluminum for an extra $5.. and in the last 10 years, I've probably never sold a double face 18x24 aluminum sign (WITHOUT STAKES OR RIDER) for under $80 & usually over $100... (at least in the 4 pc. quantity range)

..so, if the market you really want to tap into is for selling cheap crap to people who want to spend the least amount of money possible... well then, you are absolutely on the right track!

(by the way, what's the monthly payment like on a flatbed??

I should clarify I am a Broker on most of my products. This flatbed stuff is something I contract out. I do some small stuff in house like plotted vinyl. I am not looking to sell anyone wholesale. As I am buying them myself wholesale. So let me be clear there so everyone has the facts.

The reason for the coro is aluminum and steel have been getting stolen here in record numbers for scrap. Fairly attractive item for the unemployed right now. I am averaging $40 for the 4 signs and the $10.40 on the frames. Just trying to price this out fairly.

Locals Find!

Your frame cost $10.40, so double that to @ $21.00
Double face full color 18x24 @ $45-$75 depending on level of design and production method you have available. If I'm not mistaken, you're a broker and outsource your work, correct?

Rider @ $20.00 if it's simple one line on both sides.

This is what the job "should" be worth.

Before you say, they won't pay that much, I can't get that kind of money, somebody will do it cheaper, you may be correct. Simple choice, stick to your guns and get what it's worth, or let it walk. Drop your price, and you end up setting the new lowest price standard like everyone else does. Eventually, you won't be able to sell them for $10.00

Are you selling your clients on service, quality and design skills, or just on price?

I am charging separately for the design side. That is separate from the signs and frame.

I am not sure what the market will pay or won't pay on these. I have only sold 2 sets of 4 so far. Only been offering it a few days.

My main market up to this point has been politicians, real estate magnets, and small start ups.

Sorry, one last thing someone asked about turn around time. Right now its glacial slow, about 10 days to get everything in my hands to put together.

shakey0818

omg 10 days,in 10 days i could fly down to meet op,learn how to hand letter fly back and still deliver the sign in 5 days.

advsign22

They cost me $10.40 each. I get them from Grimco. They are two sided full color both signs and riders.

I wanna make sure I am not underselling myself here or if I am overpricing myself.

I don't know what the earlier comment about fishing was. I just am asking for opinions of other more experienced people. I know what I am comfortable making on these but its not good overall to sell em for what I am comfortable with. I wanna sell them for the most I can get out of them.

So should I go up or down or leave em alone.

Judging from your other post..... why do you even need to ask. Seems like you have it all figured out already.

Seriously are you trying to amuse people here or just yourself?

Locals Find!

Judging from your other post..... why do you even need to ask. Seems like you have it all figured out already.

Seriously are you trying to amuse people here or just yourself?

I am not trying to amuse people or myself. I am comfortable making $5.00 a sign wouldn't bother me in the slightest. However, that being said thats not the best way to price something.

So, Once again I am asking for an actual price on these. Should I be selling them at $50 on the 4 count and $75 for the singles?

I really am asking for help here and I am getting ridiculed.

GoodPeopleFlags

I think you guys are giving the OP a hard time. They seem to be fairly knowledgable and asking a sincere question. I'm all about slamming the ones who say they bought a plotter on ebay and want to know how to make stickers and what to sell them for but the OP here doesn't seem to be one of those to me.

That being said, Adtechia, call around other local sign shops and ask what they charge. Or get a friend to call. Don't tell them you're a sign shop. There's nothing wrong with checking to see what other shops in your area are charging. You want to stay about the same as everyone else. You know what you have to make to stay in business so don't undercharge yourself.

Also, you will find that people are very reluctant to talk about pricing on an open forum. *YOUR* customers can google this and find out your cost and what you charge them. You might find more info in the premium section.

SignManiac

If I called around to my local shops to determine what I should be charging, I would be out of business by now. Every shop has to know what their own costs of doing business is and charge accordingly. You are a fool to let your competition set your prices!