• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Countour Cut Wont Cut

QuickSignsSA

I just got done printing a job in Flexi 8.1 on my Mutoh, and I want to send it to cut now. I had done it yesterday, came back today to cut it out. Had shut down my machine thinking it would be in the que to just cut on the graphtec FC-8000-160, but to my surprise was not there.

So I went to just do the cut only, and when I tell it to send, it will not send to production manager when I tell it to send. Does anyone have any experience with this problem. I have already made sure that the plotter is checked off so it can actually send to it, and still nothing.

Any help works! Thanks again guys.

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
I use Wasatch, but I have had to change my print output to save to a file just to recreate a cut with the correct registration.

Good luck

Idea Design

You could try the hilbilly fix:

Open the file again in flexi, send the print/cut file to production manager again, abort the print job, and the cut job should remain.

I've never had that happen, so I don't know why it doesn't work, mine's just a suggestion to get the job out.

Good luck.

QuickSignsSA

You could try the hilbilly fix:

Open the file again in flexi, send the print/cut file to production manager again, abort the print job, and the cut job should remain.

I've never had that happen, so I don't know why it doesn't work, mine's just a suggestion to get the job out.

Good luck.

I have done this in the past, but it's not even producing the cut job! THats my problem.

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
I don't use flexi but, start with the simple stuff.

Is the cut path in the file?

Next: start/run then type %temp% and hit enter - after a fresh boot. This will find all temp files. Throw them away (they end up in the recycle bin if your worried) Most programs store working data in temp files, and sometimes they do not get deleted. When I have a repeatable error with a file this is the first thing I do.

Retry your cut.

Second, cut and Paste all data into a new file save with new name.

Retry your cut.

Sometimes that process will fix glitches with software or a particular file.

Good Luck

QuickSignsSA

I don't use flexi but, start with the simple stuff.

Is the cut path in the file?

Next: start/run then type %temp% and hit enter - after a fresh boot. This will find all temp files. Throw them away (they end up in the recycle bin if your worried) Most programs store working data in temp files, and sometimes they do not get deleted. When I have a repeatable error with a file this is the first thing I do.

Retry your cut.

Second, cut and Paste all data into a new file save with new name.

Retry your cut.

Sometimes that process will fix glitches with software or a particular file.

Good Luck

Thanks Jester, I willl try a reboot, I was just seeing if I can avoid rebooting and fix the problem.

QuickSignsSA

Restarting made it work! Lets see if it doesn do it again. Ericmitchell, its just colored text that i printed and put a quarter inch contour around it, do it all the time. It worked yesterday, and not sure why it wasnt working today.