• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Countour vectors

bpfohler

Just got a copy of Print and Cut light with our new HP latex.
When I open vector files I try to add a countour cut. Sometimes it works and sometimes it select an interior shape and attempts to add a countour to the interior shape.
Is there any way to select just the exterior shape and add a countour ?

AKwrapguy

Just got a copy of Print and Cut light with our new HP latex.
When I open vector files I try to add a countour cut. Sometimes it works and sometimes it select an interior shape and attempts to add a countour to the interior shape.
Is there any way to select just the exterior shape and add a countour ?

What do you mean by Print and Cut? Are you talking about Flexi?

bpfohler

Ya, sorry I didn’t specify but that’s why I posted in the Flexi forum. Is there any way to select just the outside vector in Flexi and apply a contour cut? Is it easier to convert images to rasters and add a contour?

joeyhalderman

Can you post a screenshot of the file you’re working on? I can explain the best way to contour but it would help to see the artwork.

Drip Dry

Sure, when I get back to the shop I’ll take a screen shot.
When your creating a contour, there is a checkbox that says " with holes".
Uncheck the box and you will only get the outside contour

Also, make sure your using the contour cut option from the effects menu

AKwrapguy

Ya, sorry I didn’t specify but that’s why I posted in the Flexi forum. Is there any way to select just the outside vector in Flexi and apply a contour cut? Is it easier to convert images to rasters and add a contour?

I would never convert to raster unless I would really need to. example if there was an issue with transparent gradients or something in the original artwork that wasn't coming through properly.

With out seeing the file it's hard to say what the issues is. It could a mask issue or a group issue, it could also be a simple issue of having the 'with holes' checked or un-checked.

2ny

In Flexi, when you have selected your object, you can right-click on the object and choose "Select within" from the sub-menu. Then click on the single object you want to select within any group or combined object to select this.Otherwise you need to break your object apart, and then work on the single outline.

Best regards
2ny

Select your entire image you want to contour cut. Group that together. This is key. Sometimes If you leave them ungrouped it will create a contour cut around every object. if you group everything it treats it as a single object.