• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Couple of Logo Designs, Critiques Welcome!

SEOR

I was contracted to design a logo for a new facility opening locally. They will have fresh fruit, nuts, bakery, cafe, etc. I have a bit left to do to the logo, but would like to get some opinions on the initial direction. It still gets a "Cafe/Bakery/Goodies" tagline.

Critiques, comments and concerns welcome.

Thanks,
SEOR

Attachments

• TJS101.jpg
    TJS101.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 128

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Looks good so far. I like the left one. Some things need some attention like font size and positioning of elements, but it's looks good so far.

SEOR

LOL! Funny you mention it. The last meeting I had ended with "We really want to see the "Trapper Jims" larger than life". Their short term plan is to also market a line canned items so they wanted the name large.

cptcorn

adad
Welll from the looks of it, it looks like you're Primarily targeting women... and secondarily targeting men... Maybe there should be more pink.

Marlene

the one onth right look good as it is pulled together nicely. the one on the left looks like elements put together that aren't pulled together if that makes any sense.

Craig Sjoquist

Only thing I liked about the left was the trader jacks maybe & panel size, color
The right one looks much better .. and yes some shifting of paw up & re-sizing to a larger trader jacks letters & panel to me would help

great start keep at it

Jon Aston

Not feeling the fresh fruit, nuts, bakery, etc...

Does he also sell bear jerky?...

+1

If the word "Market" wasn't there, what do you see? I would expect it to be an outfitters, or something.

How about an old-timer leading a pack mule?

Maybe some inspiration here, or here.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
It's a bears paw, signifying "mountainous".

If you have to explain it, it's not working. Besides, mountains signify mountainous, bears signify bears.

That notwithstanding, the effort on the right is far more coherent than the thing on the left but the typeface selection and the typography in general is just this side of awful.

Jillbeans

If I had to choose, I would pick the right.
But nothing about it days market to me, even though it says "Market"
Try a bear paw print shape as the background, with an illustration of Trapper Jim dragging a sack of something, carrying a basket of fruit, or holding a pie, and unmuddy the colors.
Love....Jill

rjpjr

Of the two designs submitted, I prefer the second one. It reads easier.

I.M.H.O., neither of them depict a food market. The logos more reflect a hunting/outdoor athletic retail shop.

Instead of the bear paw, you might consider grains or wheat or ??? ... something that says "Food".