Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Couple of Sublimation Questions and Pricing

Discussion in 'Sublimation Printing' started by captainron19, Oct 2, 2012.

1. captainron19

captainron19 Member

May 11, 2005
    captainron19
    2 Questions for those of you doing sublimation....

I have an opportunity to market 1 sided 15oz mugs to a bunch of gift shops on the boardwalk in a local shore town. I had to make a graphic for someone with the beach town name written in the sand inside of a heart with a ocean wave cresting onto it. Well it is taking off and the more people see it the more they want it on a mug and other things. One lady that owns a pizza shop on the boardwalk wants to sell them in her store and I am sure as other gift shops see them they will want to carry them also (hopefully) I have never provided mugs at a wholesale cost for re-sale. Are any of you actively doing this and if so, what is the recommended wholesale price for a single sided 15oz mug. I pick up m mugs so I save $$ on shipping so each 15oz mug costs me $1.77 Each Sheet of transfer paper costs me $0.28 and I am able to print out 6 transfers on each so each transfer is costing $0.05 but never really estimated cost on ink (using sublijet inks with a Ricoh Printer)

Was thinking of selling them wholesale for $8.95 each with a recommended retail of $12.95 ...what do you think?

Also.... is anyone doing custom tiles that can mount onto metal trivets or key racks? Starting them also and made a test one which came out great. If you are making these what adhesive are you using to attach the tile to the metal? I tried small tube of liquid nails and it said it was good for metal and ceramic among others. I put a few dabs and let it sit overnight with a weight on the tile and the next day I put my fingers on the tile and gave it some pressure from the back to test it and it popped off. I guess my next attempt might be gorilla glue...any input.

Also, what do you think of wholesale/retail on a metal key rack holding 4 keys with a sublimated 6/x 6 tile? Cost I figured out on them is .... tile and metal key hook frame =$7.75 + $0.28 for sheet of transfer paper (can only get one print out per sheet) + $0.75 each or so for shipping to me for a total cost without ink of approximately $8.78 Was thinking of possible wholesale charge of $15.00 each with a reatil estimate of $20 or so.

Any input would be appreciated.
    Report Bad Post
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Tags: