• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

couple questions on the XC-540

Ronda

A few questions I can't find answers in the book for:

When I load media, I an given 4 options: sheet, roll, edge, TU. What is edge?

When I load media smaller than 54", how do I "unset" the pinch rollers not being used? Or if I don't want all of them on the 54" media, how do I not use some of them?

Is there a way the machine "sees" that media is smaller than 54" material? Or do I have to do something else?

Thanks for your help
Ronda

mediaman

Ronda,

No one seems to want to answer your questions so I'll give it a shot.

Roll will measure the width of the media, based on the two outside rollers. You MUST use the two outside rollers on the media; you can't use the second roller from the left as your outside roller on the media because it doesn't have the metal tab on the front, which is how the head measures the left edge. This is how the printer "sees" that the material is less than 54", to answer your last question. To de-activate the other, inside rollers, simply move them away from the silver positioning indicators that you can see above the rollers. You may have to look for these tabs by bending down and sighting from below the cover.

Sheet will measure the width of the material and the front and back edge.

Edge will measure the width of the media and move the front edge of the material into position above the front sensor

TU is the setting to use if you employ a Take-Up Reel. I am not familiar with this setting as I've never used it. The info on all these setting should be in you Users Manual.

Last edited:

cdiesel

You know.. i've never used anything other than roll, so I'm not sure. The way you disengage a roller that you don't want to use is to position it off of the grit rollers on the bottom. Just slide it to a spot where there's no roller and it won't come down on the media.

Chad

Pinch Roller

Ronda

Just above the pinch rollers on the aluminum bar there are silver rectangles printed on it just move the pinch rollers so they are not within that space and they will be disingaged.

Chad