• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Couple X3 Questions

javila

Just some more questions for you corel gurus.

Is there a way to hide individual objects? Apart from hiding the entire layer?

Second question is about selecting objects. To marquee select you have to enclose the entire object. I remember a setting in earlier corels that allowed "partial" marquee selection. Meaning that if you enclose some of the object, the object would be selected. I can't find that option anywhere. Did they remove this?

OneUpTenn

By default Corel allows you to do partial selection, you must have changed your settings.

As far as hiding objects, can you be more specific? What is your purpose for hiding? Maybe I can help.

javila

Do you happen to know where the settings for partial selections are?

I like to hide and show objects as I'm laying out/modifying objects.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I don't think there is a way to hide individual objects.

To do "partial" marquee selection hold the "alt" key down - click and drag.

wayne k
guam usa

OneUpTenn

No I sure do not know where the settings are. I am not at the shop right now.....maybe I can find it later.

signage

If you put each object on its own layer you could turn off display of that layer and that object would disappear!

javila

Some more pestering questions for you guys? Any easy way to change the page color? Normally found through Tools > Options > Document > Page > Background

I'm trying to add the buttom to one of the main toolbars but I can't find where the button is under the customization > commands.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I have the page turned off to get it out of the way.
A quick way to get a colored background the same size as the page is to double click the "rectangle" tool this will add a frame to the page that can be filled with any of the color/fill tools.
You can lock it or keep it on it's own layer so it does not get in the way.

wayne k
guam usa

javila

Another question for you kind folk. =)

I'm working a list of names into two numbers. It's object paragraph text.

Is there a way to connect the overflow from the first object to run into the next object. I know Illustrator can do it, but I can't find a way in corel.

edit: Just found it. Click once on the down arrow, near the end of the first text frame, then a big black right arrow comes up. Use that one to point to the next object/text frame.

Alan D

Regarding marquee selection. If you are in node editing mode hold down the the alt key and you can drag around awkwardly placed nodes. In any other mode the alt key will select any object it touches.
Alan D