• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

cover up

rcglimitless

Your thoughts. Customer asked to cover the name and number with new name and number.
How would you do it? What vinyl would you use? What would you charge?
Thanks.
upload_2018-7-24_21-40-36.png

equippaint

Id strip and replace the whole thing. Its going to look tacky covering it up.
If they're trying to be cheap then measure a rectangle to cover each up with the new info and a solid background. I wouldn't even attempt to match the existing background.

signman315

Signmaker
Id strip and replace the whole thing. Its going to look tacky covering it up.
If they're trying to be cheap then measure a rectangle to cover each up with the new info and a solid background. I wouldn't even attempt to match the existing background.
To add to what equippaint said...you could add a border or other design elements to your cover up rectangles at an attempt to make it look less terrible...but the right thing to do is just replace the whole thing, maybe use the cover ups (aka “snipes”) for a short period to get your client out making money then maybe they’ll come back and do it right and you could offer a full re-brand package...their success is your success...they will spend more with you in the long game if you get them operating and profiting. With that in mind certain accounts are worth nurturing while others not so much...

bannertime

I'd charge $100 less than what we'd charge for a full wrap. Hey look at that, might as well just get the whole thing redone!

rcglimitless

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Most people make decisions based upon what they can afford..... not what you can conjure up. Someone obviously has bought out another company's truck and wanna just change a few things. It's still gonna resemble the old owner and whether or not that's a good thing or not..... we'll never know. Anyway, to get the guy out of a huge amount of money, I'd offer this up, first. Can't cost too much to do that. You'll make a friend for life.

new company name.jpg

rcglimitless

Most people make decisions based upon what they can afford..... not what you can conjure up. Someone obviously has bought out another company's truck and wanna just change a few things. It's still gonna resemble the old owner and whether or not that's a good thing or not..... we'll never know. Anyway, to get the guy out of a huge amount of money, I'd offer this up, first. Can't cost too much to do that. You'll make a friend for life.

View attachment 135701
Thanks for the advice.

signman315

Signmaker
What would you charge for the stripe? two sides and back.
That would be based on design time, square footage, and what vinyl/laminate combo is used. Then after that price is calculated you could adjust higher/lower based on your intentions with the customer....if it looks like a one off and you'll never see them again then make sure you charge enough. If you get the sense that this could balloon into a larger fleet of vehicles or reciprocate other work then be sure not to hit them too hard on cost. But based on the fact that they are sniping a wrap I'd say you'll never see them again once the work is done.