• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Covid silver bullet? BS?

Baz

This is why they are still talking about hydroxychloroquine.

"President Trump's top trade and manufacturing adviser Peter Navarro said that the government was "sitting on" millions of doses of hydroxychloroquine after the Food and Drug Administration revoked emergency use authorization for the unproven coronavirus treatment."

ikarasu

I know this will get some peoples panties in a twist... But USA isn't the center of the world.

you guys claim its a big conspiracy from big pharma... that the democrats are shooting down all these drugs because they hate trump, that this is all just a design to kill the US Ecnonomy...

what about the other 194 countries who are also actively looking for a cure? Canada has a way different health system. Our drugs are cheap, yes theres still money to be made... but if there was a magical pill that cured this disease... you can bet our politicians would be all over it and getting our economy back on track. Same goes for Sweden... Japan.. Germany... any other first world country with good medical experts. America is great and is filled with top notch doctors, but you guys aren't the onlyones with people who can figure out a cure - So if it were a simple pill like you think, why hasnt any other country adopted it or looked at it?!

I know with all the political BS it feels like you can't trust anything the news or politicians are saying...you have to take everything you read or see with a grain of salt these days. But you also have to use common sense and realize not everything is a conspiracy... A few members on here are starting to sound like the crackpots screaming that the government is trying to muzzle them by making masks mandatory. The world is bigger than me or you... sometimes for the greater good, you have to get out of your comfort zone and suck it up.

Stacey K

I like making signs
Why does the lying news media/propaganda machine even exist? Why don't we get everything from Twitter like good patriots do?

Why? I mean, do you have direct experience with someone getting a positive result who had no symptoms?

If big pharma is behind all of this, then I'd postulate they did it to make money. The best way for them to make money is to treat disease successfully. Even better if it's an actually scary disease, that way we don't have to bribe 99% of the world's doctors into lying to the population.
If the dems are behind it, and it's fake across the board, how did they get China to shut down all of their manufacturing in a region? What would China stand to gain by propagating a hoax virus? A dem in the white house I suppose. So they are playing along with the dems to make Trump look bad, get him out of office, so they can sell more products to the US with fewer tariffs taxes whatevs. But wouldn't this be counterproductive, as so many folks have lost so much money, it would negate any new orders uptick for quite some time?
If it's the kung flu that the Chinese invented, why start it in their own borders? To dissuade folks from initially believing it was made in China? They aren't stupid, they know that is the first assumption everyone would have. Much easier to infect someone in LAX or something before warning anybody. Not to mention the potential to run rampant. Perhaps China invented it to KO some of the older generations that are leaning on the youth. I doubt this, frankly they'd probably build a nice looking compulsory nursing home with no floor over a volcano if they really wanted to shave some of the older members of the population, then lie about it.

The bottom line is that no matter what motivation anyone has for spreading either a fake virus, or a real virus spread intentionally, it's hurting the world economy, so anyone who stands to gain financially from this better gain a shitton to offset the absurd cost of bribing a planet worth of Dr's, not to mention offset the financial hit they will take themselves after the other shoe drops.

Now one can ask, what does someone have to gain by claiming the virus if a hoax, even if they are, just saying, perhaps a Dr or politician that knows good and well that the virus is real. This is what confuses me. Where is the money to be made in this scenario?

As far as Hydro curing this, why does anybody think that will work? Who was the first to put this idea out there?
I don't think it's a hoax, it's definitly real. My son has a aortic stenosis and during his last visit in May his cardiologist had zero worries about it for my son. I don't want to say that he laughed it off but he made it clear he should NOT worry about dying or his heart if he gets it. He is more likely to die from an infection caused by strep throat or an infected tooth than Covid. So, for the 18th year in a row we listened to the doctor warn us about mouth infections. He never said a word about Covid until I brought it up. The hospital had one young child that was in serious condition for a while but recovered.

My best friends uncle is so far the only death in my county. He did not die from it, he overdosed but he tested positive so they counted it as a corona death. Part of it was the family was embarrassed he passed from an OD.

If you are at risk, you should take precautions. My son is at risk for death if he has a mouth infection that is not treated - we take precautions, test, test, test if the throat is sore! They used to require him to be on antibiotics for 5 days before dental appointments. I can die from shellfish so I'm super careful about what I eat! I'm so used to having to be careful and I can't very well tell people they can't make shrimp dip if they invite me over. I can't tell the school to shut down if strep is going around. I need to take my own precautions - and I do, it's important to protect yourself if you are at risk for any serious health condition. We've stayed home from birthday parties because my neices or nephews had just gotten over strep or they just started with a sore throat - just to be safe. This is something I'm just used to and I don't put others out because of it. I would never tell you not to wear a mask if you were at risk. I don't feel like everyone should be lumped into the same boat because not everyone is at high risk for death with Covid.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I know this will get some peoples panties in a twist... But USA isn't the center of the world.

you guys claim its a big conspiracy from big pharma... that the democrats are shooting down all these drugs because they hate trump, that this is all just a design to kill the US Ecnonomy...

what about the other 194 countries who are also actively looking for a cure? Canada has a way different health system. Our drugs are cheap, yes theres still money to be made... but if there was a magical pill that cured this disease... you can bet our politicians would be all over it and getting our economy back on track. Same goes for Sweden... Japan.. Germany... any other first world country with good medical experts. America is great and is filled with top notch doctors, but you guys aren't the onlyones with people who can figure out a cure - So if it were a simple pill like you think, why hasnt any other country adopted it or looked at it?!

I know with all the political BS it feels like you can't trust anything the news or politicians are saying...you have to take everything you read or see with a grain of salt these days. But you also have to use common sense and realize not everything is a conspiracy... A few members on here are starting to sound like the crackpots screaming that the government is trying to muzzle them by making masks mandatory. The world is bigger than me or you... sometimes for the greater good, you have to get out of your comfort zone and suck it up.

According to my map we are in the center. Dont ask me what happens when you get to the edges...there are plenty of you tube videos that explain that...

world-map.gif

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
You think it's purely advertising money that folks are out to gain? Serious question.
You get paid per view and it has something to do with how long the video is too. That's why youtube is full of all of these idiotic "channels" then instagram and every other site is similar. Twinkle toes apparently doesn't agree with me.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Right, but I thought if a video violates youtube terms, it gets removed and demonetized, hence all the goofy ways of spelling c0v1d I9.

Anybody else remember when ebola was going around? Now that's a pandemic I could get behind! Nobody doubted that their lungs were being converted into liquid. But I suppose conspiracy nuts would still have some spin for it...

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Right, but I thought if a video violates youtube terms, it gets removed and demonetized, hence all the goofy ways of spelling c0v1d I9.

Anybody else remember when ebola was going around? Now that's a pandemic I could get behind! Nobody doubted that their lungs were being converted into liquid. But I suppose conspiracy nuts would still have some spin for it...
Youtube doesnt police the site, its all done by algorithms. Plus there are a multitude of them. It wasnt the info that drove the views, it was the “censorship” that got people hitting and linking it from every place they could. They cleaned up on it.
As for ebola, there were conspiracies:
https://www.mediamatters.org/laura-...obama-intentionally-wants-infect-nation-ebola

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Time to upgrade our masks
'Dr. Anthony Fauci says that eye protection may be recommended at some point to help prevent spreading COVID-19.'
Mask.png

I'm ordering one of these with the optional deep water fording kit (intake snorkel and waterproof filter):

Stacey K

I like making signs
I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make it sound like I was ranting at you in particular. I was asking why you think that some of the positive tests are false positives. Just along the lines of, what is your reasoning?

Have you seen behind the curve? It's one of my favorite documentaries, I've probably watched it 3 times this year.
No worries! My renter had to go in for testing for work, signed up and didn't go but got a notification she was positive. My sisters best friend had a grad party and some young men had symptoms and they were positive but then some had no symptoms and also tested positve. My brother in laws brother was positive and had to test each week until 2 negatives. He had 3 positives and they counted them all but they shouldn't have becuase he's just one person! That was HIS understanding at least. And of course my friends uncle who is the only death in our county. He died of the OD but tested positive so they marked it as covid. The family didn't disagree because they were embarrassed he OD'd.

I do think there's a fair amount of inconsistencies in the entire system. The hospitals get money for each patient through medicare. Since they had essentially "no patients" it would seem plausible (I would do it too) they would take in as many as possible so have some revenue coming in. I do that with little decals in the winter LOL Here is an article I found...

https://www.wral.com/fact-check-do-hospitals-get-paid-more-to-treat-covid-19-patients/19156357/