• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Discussion Crack and peel stickers??

Hey guys,

I was looking at a sticker a company gave me, and on the backing it had a slide across it like a (crack and peel) method. This way you just peel a small part of the backing off instead of needing to pick at the edge of the sticker with your fingernail. How do you do this on large quantities? such an awesome feature!

mpn

If you're looking to purchase a machine for this, I have a slitter for sale. PM for details if you'd like.

So I am confused how this works, do you load the material after cutting the vinyl, load it upside down and cut the backing with the plotter? How would it know where to do the cuts? Sorry this is new to me.

ikarasu

We order some material thats pre-slit for us when we do large quantities of screen printing.

We also have a machine that does it... good for small quantities.

Think of it like the graphtec - Every pinch wheel also has a rolling blade on it - You align each pinch wheel to the center / or 1/3 of the way through where the stickers are... then you just shove the sheet/roll in. Each pinchwheel has a blade and cuts just the paper - It's really fast, and accurate.

Ours is a machine from like... 50 years ago. It leaves a crease in the vinyl, so you can actually see a line where it slightly cuts the glue after you apply the decal.. so we dont use it much. I'm sure technology has improved, but thats what we use, just to give you an idea of how it is done.

• Agree
Reactions: mpn

Christian @ 2CT Media

ams

I think you totally missed the entire question that was asked.

To answer the question asked... we use our flatbed cutter to do it when needed. We cut out our line up marks then flip the sheets over, scan, than back slit through the liner only.

He wanted to know how to do it, so I provided a couple things to him. A manual tool, a flatbed that can do it and some information on it.

ikarasu

ikarasu It is not just for low volume, it will slit thousands of decals in short order. I have the rollem champion ssp for sale and it is good for large amounts of decals. It is a commercial, well built machine. Watch the video on this link to see it working. Bindery machine for Slitting, Scoring and Perforating paper and card stocks
Yours is good for high volume, it's kind of like what we have. I meant the cheap $10 Olfa blade is for low volume!

Out of curiousity, how much do the rollems set you back? I like the idea of crack backed stickers. Our work machine is ancient and sucks badly though so we never use it.

mpn

Yeah I realized you meant the Olfa after I posted it. ;) I'll have to look at cost when it was new, I don't recall right now.