• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Craft Paper :: L25500 Latex printing?

GP

Anyone every run a craft paper through their latex machine?

Want to print some window coverings for a retail construction project.

ProColorGraphics

HP themselves have some cheap, lightweight white paper you can print on. A lot of them come on 2" cores though. You would have to have a 2" spindle or rewind it onto a 3" core.

GP

Update - had some paper drop cloth from Lowes. I transfered it to a 3" core and it printed beautifully.

As things started heating up, I am speculating that the edged started to curl and I the carrier caught the leading wedge. Thinking I may order a 60" roll of Craft from Uline and mess with heat settings to try to make this project work.

New question is: What weight paper? 30# 40# or 50#? Again, it's just for a temporary window covering during construction. Not concerned with durability as much as my print heads! Client knows that we are stretching limits here -

Anyone run a lot of paper?

Bly

I love the fact you can run aqueous and uncoated papers through these machines.
I've printed on water based photo papers, watercolour art paper, uncoated silk and 80gsm bond.
They all print fine although it's a good idea to create a custom profile if you can.

GP

we print rolls of it from uline as custom packing paper.

Did you create a profile or just run the HP low temp poster profile? Other than heat, I am not too concerned. Color is obviously not important since it's on kraft. It's really just for a stamped, step and repeat.

What pound do you usually go with?

ProWraps

damn i cant remember what i did for profile. i think you can just use an HP paper media profile. its been a long time cause i printed a TOOOON of it. and i think it was just the cheap 30lb

GP

I think I will roll with 30#. It seemed to print fine - perhaps if I keep the heat down and pre-roll it all the way to the take up reel, that will add enough tension to keep the edged from curling.

I don't want to go too heavy, of the vacuum won't keep it down.